Iron Maiden Picture Game

The Talisman ?
Sorry, no - although you have returned to thinking along the right lines.

You seem to be ignoring the first clue though: unless you are assuming that the bend in the road goes towards the west. But since there is nothing in the picture that would enable you to work out "compass directions" it would have been a completely unfair clue. I meant the relative direction - something that can be seen quite clearly in the picture.

The song in question is indeed one of the seafaring songs: though I'm not sure it could be classed as an epic ...

Okay, y'all want another clue?

Robert Plant and Erasure both made songs on the subject of something that is mentioned in this song: the songs by Robert Plant and Erasure both have the same title.

They did songs called "Ship Of Fools"...

Could the right song be "El Dorado" (with the verse "This ship of fools is sinking") ?
Yay! You got it :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The road in the picture bends around to the right but, since it is clearly flooded quite deep, if you wanted to find out what was around that bend you would require a boat.

Hence: "you'll be sailing for glory before you know [ie find out] what is right".

(I didn't think it was that cryptic :innocent:)

Over to you then :)

Yay! You got it :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The road in the picture bends around to the right but, since it is clearly flooded quite deep, if you wanted to find out what was around that bend you would require a boat.

Hence: "you'll be sailing for glory before you know [ie find out] what is right".

(I didn't think it was that cryptic :innocent:)

Over to you then :)
Thank you, @Black Abyss Babe. :) This round was very nice thanks to you. ;)

Back