Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Great news. Let's hope it is as good as the Manic Street Preachers special issue they did not that long ago.

According to Iron Maiden Italia, the band could not play the entire Senjutsu album on next tour in 2023, but only "Senjutsu", "Stratego", "The Writing On The Wall", "The Time Machine", "The Parchment" and "Hell On Earth" to concentrate on some other rare songs. Moreover, the band really wants to play "Alexander The Great" (and maybe some other songs from Somewhere In Time'). That would be logical because of "The Time Machine" song which is about time travel and as Somewhere In Time, especially the intro song "Caught Somewhere In Time" is about time travel too, it could really match together.

That would be logical because of "The Time Machine" song which is about time travel and as Somewhere In Time, especially the intro song "Caught Somewhere In Time" is about time travel too,...
With current tempos... No

Aces High sounds slow. Imagine CSIT now.

My bet is on SIASL next year as there is a lot of talk. That and Alex from SIT.

According to Iron Maiden Italia, the band could not play the entire Senjutsu album on next tour in 2023, but only "Senjutsu", "Stratego", "The Writing On The Wall", "The Time Machine", "The Parchment" and "Hell On Earth" to concentrate on some other rare songs. Moreover, the band really wants to play "Alexander The Great" (and maybe some other songs from Somewhere In Time'). That would be logical because of "The Time Machine" song which is about time travel and as Somewhere In Time, especially the intro song "Caught Somewhere In Time" is about time travel too, it could really match together.

Pure speculation on their part, but thanks for sharing.

Sounds like fanfiction based on nothing, which is fairly standard for Maiden rumours these days.

According to Iron Maiden Italia, the band could not play the entire Senjutsu album on next tour in 2023, but only "Senjutsu", "Stratego", "The Writing On The Wall", "The Time Machine", "The Parchment" and "Hell On Earth" to concentrate on some other rare songs. Moreover, the band really wants to play "Alexander The Great".
We all want ATG (or SIASL or more rare songs), but I really want to hear ''Death Of The Celts'' and ''Darkest Hour'' live, although I think only 2 Steve epics will be played... ''The Parchment'' and ''Hell On Earth'' are the most logical. And what about ''Days Of Future Past'', I think they'll play it only because of its length (Adrian said it would be a good live song). ''The Time Machine'' is not a surprise, since Bruce said several times that he wants to play it live.

If the setlist is 15-16 songs, they have at least 5 slots for rare songs, I think. The idea is great, but it's just that I want to hear the whole special album live.

Something like this:

1.Senjutsu
2.Stratego
3.The Writing On The Wall
4.The Prisoner/Brave New World
5.The Trooper
6.The Time Machine
7.Alexander The Great
8.Only The Good Die Young
9.The Parchment
10.Stranger In A Strange Land
11.Fear Of The Dark
12.Iron Maiden
Encore:
13.Hell On Earth
14.The Number Of The Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Plus Bruce and Nicko said that they discussed playing the whole album live and I personally would love it, since all songs are great. But let's not forget that Nicko also said they might play ATG during the album tour next year...
They could have played more rare songs during this year's LOTB.

Last edited:

Quest for Fire, To Tame A Land, The Duellists, Caught Somewhere In Time, Stranger In A Strange Land, Deja Vu, Alexander the Great CONFIRMED.
In all seriousness, I would welcome this idea. 6 songs from the new album and a handful forgotten classics. That would be one helluva tour!

Could be pure speculation, as @Ghost points out, but it sounds somewhat plausible as well. Rare songs category could be something like Remember Tomorrow or even Strange World... that would be cool. Okay, speculation.

I could see them doing Only the Good Die Young, actually. Steve mentioned liking it enough that he could see them doing it live, which to me sounds far more solid than Nicko saying he wants to do SIASL and Alexander. I mean, in some dream universe the Senjutsu tour setlist is pure fanservice for the dedicated and all three are included, but being realistic I genuinely feel like OTGDY has a fairer chance than Alexander for example. Nobody's starting mass campaigns to hear it get played, none of the band members have ever expressed having difficulties with playing it live, there's no real pressure but there's a lot to gain from playing a 34-year-old song for the first time live.

That reminds me of articles about football transfers in the italian press: no substance. They could not skip all the festivals, so they cannnot play only their last album to a casual audience, so they must choose, so they must add other songs among which Alexander because they said they want to play it someday :blink:.

where do they get this information from? anyway the song choices are fine, though I'd add Death of the Celts to the list as well and make it 7 from Senjutsu.

A Finnish Maiden podcast made... somewhat humoristic video about the songwriting, playing and composition tropes of Maiden, with particular focusing on Steve Harris and at the end of the video there is a "parody-tribute"/demonstration of that - The Yeoman. :D

Timestamped at the beginning of the song. I think that at least the intro is very, very spot-on. ;) A bit of a Mother Russia meets The Nomad, Dance of Death and Death of the Celts/Hell on Earth or something.

Back