Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Senjutsu was one of the best selling album of the last decade. Talk about poor sales.

Warsaw GA is about to sell out, meaning they will play to not less than 40k people there, a record for Poland.
Ullevi is sold out.
Cologne is about to sell out.
Arnhem will be a new record.
Barcelona is selling again.
Wiener is about to sell out.

Only Frankfurt looks bad. And maybe Bologna. The rest of the tour is doing great. Anyway, me as a lot of other people are not interested in LOTB anymore now that Senjutsu is out.

There might be some truth in the Steve being an anti vax matter, considering one of his son is completely antivax. They probably cancelled the tour with The Darkness for that reason. If so, it's going to be an hard time changing his mind.
Hmmm, I can't see Senjutsu to be comparable in terms of sales with TFF and TBOS. Album are falling down on charts very quickly I recon. And if you wnat to know more about ticket sales you must check out the all sites of distribution. Here in Poland Maiden tix are distributed via ebilet.pl and ticketmaster.pl If you look at the first site - right there are some hundreds of places to go, but the other site offers a tons of tix for Maiden show.

Hmmm, I can't see Senjutsu to be comparable in terms of sales with TFF and TBOS. Album are falling down on charts very quickly I recon. And if you wnat to know more about ticket sales you must check out the all sites of distribution. Here in Poland Maiden tix are distributed via ebilet.pl and ticketmaster.pl If you look at the first site - right there are some hundreds of places to go, but the other site offers a tons of tix for Maiden show.
The fact TFF and BOS sold more doesn't mean Senjutsu sold poorly. Actually, it sold more than TFF. And it lasted longer on the charts than the previous two albums (which were gone after one or two weeks).

I know all about the sites. For Warsaw, GA is sold out on ebilet, meaning that it's close to sell out on ticketmaster too (proved by the fact they added more tickets in the back of the stadium). The floor for that venue is immense - I suppose it can hold up to 25k people - and seats will speed up once it sell out.

Wow, this thread is doing wonders for my ignore list- or maybe my ignore list is doing wonders for this thread.

If it turns out Steve is anti-vax I'm going to be sorely disappointed, and we can probably kiss any 2022 tours goodbye, but the concept of needing vaccinations to tour internationally is not a new idea so it would really surprise me if he is. It's probably someone else involved with British Lion.

Pretty sure Steve must have had loads of jabs down through the years, probably needed some to move to the Bahamas!

I only know they may announce some shows for European leg 2022. But finnaly it means nothing. Management can decide to cancel all tour even in May. I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Maiden reschedule all dates to 2023 once again.

If Covid would still be a problem, then there will be no tour from everyone. But even if this winter will be an hard hit (hopefully better than the last one) I still think we're almost out of this.

If Covid would still be a problem, then there will be no tour from everyone. But even if this winter will be an hard hit (hopefully better than the last one) I still think we're almost out of this.
And Harris may decide to cancel all shows 'cos he's anti vax...

And I'll stop participating to this thread as it's only a rumour, not a fact, that Steve could be anti-pass (and not anti-vax, that's a big difference). We should concentrate on the new album than discussing about rumours and "urban legends". ;)
Yeah, I believe you've spewed enough "rumors and urban legends" for one day.

Now, I stop all discussions about covid, vaccines and Steve rumours and want to concentrate on new record discussions, more interesting and less likely to cause divisions within the big and traditionally close-knit heavy metal family...

He plays shows in China or the UAE for fans, not for their tyrants.

Having lived in both countries for 5+ years, tyranny is not a perfect word to describe any of them. The vast majority of their citizens are very happy and supportive to their governments, there are opportunities to grow and frankly I envied their efficiency, infrastructure, safety and how they care about their population.
In UAE, I kind of felt not free, in a deeper way than 'freedom of speech' thing. But again, tyranny is a heavy and unfair word in my opinion, I wouldn't use it for either case.

I thought I should mention this. You can take my word or throw it; I don't want and I will not engage further, besides it's out of topic; just my 5 cents.

Now, I stop all discussions about covid, vaccines and Steve rumours and want to concentrate on new record discussions, more interesting and less likely to cause divisions within the big and traditionally close-knit heavy metal family...
Need to be more precise when you say new record. You mean Senjutsu or a potential 18th ?

The fact TFF and BOS sold more doesn't mean Senjutsu sold poorly. Actually, it sold more than TFF. And it lasted longer on the charts than the previous two albums (which were gone after one or two weeks).

I know all about the sites. For Warsaw, GA is sold out on ebilet, meaning that it's close to sell out on ticketmaster too (proved by the fact they added more tickets in the back of the stadium). The floor for that venue is immense - I suppose it can hold up to 25k people - and seats will speed up once it sell out.
We see the final results for Senjutsu in the first weeks of 2022. As I noticed the physical albums sell poor globally, only the artist which based on streamings (mainly pop, rap, hip hop) gain a lot with sales. Generally old rock and metal bands as Maiden are about physical sales and they are selling a lot less than five or ten years ago when physical sales still dominated. In many countries TBOS and TFF spent on charts many weeks, especially in Germany, Sweden, France... As I see and predict: Senjutsu is/will achieve 30% or half of that result. It means not so many people are buying the new album. I suppose many fans just don't like Senjutsu anyway.

We see the final results for Senjutsu in the first weeks of 2022. As I noticed the physical albums sell poor globally, only the artist which based on streamings (mainly pop, rap, hip hop) gain a lot with sales. Generally old rock and metal bands as Maiden are about physical sales and they are selling a lot less than five or ten years ago when physical sales still dominated. In many countries TBOS and TFF spent on charts many weeks, especially in Germany, Sweden, France... As I see and predict: Senjutsu is/will achieve 30% or half of that result. It means not so many people are buying the new album. I suppose many fans just don't like Senjutsu anyway.
The physical sales in France are stable. In its 7th week, 'Senjutsu' is still #12. But, all sales combined (physical + digital), Maiden is #38. In Czech Republic, sales are growing suddenly and the album moved up from #32 to #21. It shows that late sales can maintain the band and their new record in top charts for a few more weeks or months, at least until Christmas.

As you said, many people don't buy the physical version, and given there are a lot of young Maiden fans most of them probably listen to it on Spotify or whatever. Senjutsu was (and it's) critical acclaimed.

As you said, many people don't buy the physical version, and given there are a lot of young Maiden fans most of them probably listen to it on Spotify or whatever. Senjutsu was (and it's) critical acclaimed.
TBOS and TFF have many millions of Spotify plays and people have bought many more physical copies than Senjutsu imho.
Critical acclaimed - of course, but what about fans? And are your right about saying (in former post) that Senjutsu is doing better now than TFF?! If so, we may describe 17th album as the great success.

Last edited:
Back