Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

It's not like Steve and Bruce have agreed on everything throughout the years!
Oh of course not but in this particular context, I think they’d need to be on the same page. Arry’s anti-vax stance will jeopardise maiden’s future plans and we all know that covid ain’t leaving any time soon.

First of all, nobody knows if Steve Harris is unvaccinated. It’s a fairly large leap even if the British Lion cancellations don’t paint a great picture of the band’s approach to COVID. Being against anti-COVID measures, as stupid as a stance as it is, doesn’t equate to being anti-vax. There are a lot of prominent musicians (Eric Clapton for one) who have been pretty vocal about being anti-vax or whatever else, but are still vaccinated.

IMO Iron Maiden is a too-big-to-fail organization. Steve could be anti-vax but when push comes to shove he’s probably going to be pressured by the Maiden management to get vaccinated anyway (I imagine this is possibly what happened with Clapton). Unlike others on here I’m not going to pretend to be an expert, but I would assume Maiden (as a business with many employees) stands to lose a ton of money if they can’t tour anymore. And even if they were to tour, having an unvaccinated person in the band would be a major liability. I doubt even Steve has enough weight to bring the whole thing down because of anti-vax stupidity.

But again, we don’t even know what happened with the British Lion tour, so it seems silly to jump to Steve being anti-vax.

Something else to consider, Maiden has announced new dates in 2022 that aren’t just rescheduled from 2020. If Steve’s vaccination status was in question, I’m not sure if Maiden would be announcing shows with their ability to tour being in doubt.
I hope you're pretty right. I don't know for sure all about the real attitude of 'Arry, I just suggested what people said on forums. Maybe it's just a rumour.

I hope you're pretty right. I don't know for sure all about the real attitude of 'Arry, I just suggested what people said on forums. Maybe it's just a rumour.

Obviously, we can't know what and how Steve thinks about these things, but at this point, all this talk is definitely based on just a rumour. Feels rather odd that Steve would be willing to ditch touring at this point, eh.

SENJUTSU is selling bad and people aren't buying tickets for forthcoming shows at all. If Harris is really anti vax it means we won't see them anymore.
Senjutsu was one of the best selling album of the last decade. Talk about poor sales.

Warsaw GA is about to sell out, meaning they will play to not less than 40k people there, a record for Poland.
Ullevi is sold out.
Cologne is about to sell out.
Arnhem will be a new record.
Barcelona is selling again.
Wiener is about to sell out.

Only Frankfurt looks bad. And maybe Bologna. The rest of the tour is doing great. Anyway, me as a lot of other people are not interested in LOTB anymore now that Senjutsu is out.

There might be some truth in the Steve being an anti vax matter, considering one of his son is completely antivax. They probably cancelled the tour with The Darkness for that reason. If so, it's going to be an hard time changing his mind.

So, that means a new album in 2023/2024. :nana:
If the tour for the new album will be only in 2023 - I would say in 2024. If it is two legs - then in 2025 (to go along with their 50th Anniversary)... of course if there isn't a Hits tour to delay it even more (touring the new album after 2 years also helps for that). At least the enthusiasm for another album is there.

They literally announced 4 shows perfectly knowing they were not going to happen, last year.
Steve's attitude could be a big problem 'cos they won't be able to play around when one of the musicians are not vaccined. I'm wonder what the other musicians are about his choice...

“I think Steve sometimes feels very kind of alienated by some of the things going on in what purports to be the modern world."

Seriously though, if there's something stopping Maiden from touring next year, I hope and/or believe that it won't be Steve's attitude towards vaccines.

i-do-not-believe-it-i-will-not.jpg

It's not a selfish attitude, the selfish attitude is from people who want others to be vaccinated with a ARNm vaccine that is doing more damage to the body than good... ;) I fully support Steve's decision. :ok:
And especially when IM will be forced to cancel the whole tour and they lose a tons of money once again leaving the fans and musicians with nothing. Over two years without the shows is a serious problem. I'm afraid if the things go this way we may expect IM decide to disband finally :( They are old, they are separated and lost a lot of money invested into LOTB Tour... Or they use an hologram instead of Steve :)

Wow, this thread is doing wonders for my ignore list- or maybe my ignore list is doing wonders for this thread.

If it turns out Steve is anti-vax I'm going to be sorely disappointed, and we can probably kiss any 2022 tours goodbye, but the concept of needing vaccinations to tour internationally is not a new idea so it would really surprise me if he is. It's probably someone else involved with British Lion.

Wow, this thread is doing wonders for my ignore list- or maybe my ignore list is doing wonders for this thread.

If it turns out Steve is anti-vax I'm going to be sorely disappointed, and we can probably kiss any 2022 tours goodbye, but the concept of needing vaccinations to tour internationally is not a new idea so it would really surprise me if he is. It's probably someone else involved with British Lion.
Exactly and it'd be stupid behalf of him when the other musicians from the band can't play live because of him. As I said Bruce's and Rod's faces would be melted with the anger for sure.

Or they use an hologram instead of Steve :)
So, Steve would become the new Jean-Luc Mélenchon or the new Dio... :lol::lol::lol:

IMHO, they will never disband. At least, not before their retreat. The Maiden machine is so big that they even don't need to tour every year... They can do studio albums after studio albums, selling beers and lot of merchandising, they would be richer. Touring is so expensive and their plane is so polluting. Maybe they should stop touring often and start to concentrate on studio albums that would be more agressive and better like the ones released in the 80's... I'll not blaming them for that, especially Steve, because concerts in France are always sold-out and I don't have enough money to buy tickets and have a trip to Paris. So, Maiden not doing shows is OK for me. I'd prefer them to record new albums every two years to regularly have some new music from the band. That would be awesome. :cool:

Last edited:
And I'll stop participating to this thread as it's only a rumour, not a fact, that Steve could be anti-pass (and not anti-vax, that's a big difference). We should concentrate on the new album than discussing about rumours. ;)

Last edited:
Back