Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Paul Stanley also said that Maiden deserved it.

I think Foo Fighters, Tina Turner and other pop or folk artist will win and Heavy or classic heavy metal will be despised once more time.
If Maiden wins the won't go, they won't play and stay there just to satisfy the organizers of that event.

Maiden have been consistently been in the Top 5 in the fan vote, which is great but we all know it means jackshit. I’m shocked that Kate Bush has been performing horribly there though, at one point she was in last place. Her work is highly influential and deserves more love than she’s been getting.

Blaze has to be in if Dennis is, he played on one more album.
Dennis says it's heartbreaking for Blaze to be excluded from RARHOF

''Well, when I first heard that he wasn't included, I was a bit shocked and a bit… I don't know. It was weird. Why? Why wasn't he? Now, I know for a fact he was with them for five years and two albums, and he contributed a hell of a lot to them two albums. But people told me that it's something to do with the committee that run this Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. It has to be certain years, involved with so many years. So I don't actually know. Someone would have to read the rules to me. But I definitely think it's heartbreaking not to be included.''

Stratton went on to say that for him to be nominated for the Rock Hall is "one of the biggest honors" of his career: ''Now, I know for a fact that I can talk personally for me, not for MAIDEN, but the amount of fans in this world - not only South America - the amount of fans in the world, if they voted for IRON MAIDEN, that wouldn't be hundreds of thousands, that would be millions. And MAIDEN would win the fan vote - they would win it without a problem. But because MAIDEN has stayed quiet about it and not publicized the nomination, if it's not their scene, then you have to respect the management, respect the band and say, 'Good luck to you guys.' And if they're not interested, then so be it. But for me, it is a big honor. And that's what you have to go along with."

Stratton was a member of MAIDEN for less than a year, but he nonetheless made a vital contribution to the band's classic first album.

citation needed

Dennis toured with, was in the studio with, helped with harmonies, added things other Maiden members didn't on that album.
Stuff he suggested, played.

Last edited:
Doing what you're paid for isn't extra credited.

When you're working on company's time your output belongs to the company. Only if the company recognizes your extra miles and quality you'll get extra credited. Neither the company or him, at the time, thought that his output merits extra credits in the songwriting, arrangement, production or engineering, or other things in the credit/royalty system.

His guitar style or sound is not something highly unique, but it wasn't there in Maiden before him and it wasn't preserved. Smith just replaced him, completely filled his shoes and went way above and beyond.

Also if Janick somehow lost his job after NPFTD, even while having 0 credits on the album, and not being there when the recording started at all, his footprint on that record overshadows Stratton on the debut.

Dennis toured with, was in the studio with, helped with harmonies, added things other Maiden members didn't on that album.

There are three influential Iron Maiden guitarists.
99% of people that started or continued playing guitar because of Iron Maiden's guitars, didn't do so because of Dennis Stratton.

Other past members, Paul Di'Anno and Clive Burr, are highly influential musicians. There are many peers from platinum bands that cite them as influence (Pantera, Slayer).

You have a representative bunch on the forum, there are guitarists of all ages. In the general population Stratton will be even less known.

Dennis is a great musician and a professional. His level of exerted influence is several magnitudes lower than those other 8 guys on the list. He does deserve an accolade, just not one where he's equal to these 8.

Stratton should've manned up and said, "If I'm there, I'm not ok with Blaze not being there, he was longer in and made writing contributions to the band", yet he goes on mumbling about HoF rules and years things.

In the end none of it matters anyway because it's HoF stuff.

Well, I wasn't just talking about credits. He contributed to the album, to how Maiden evolved on that record. Even though he wished some things more different (e.g. even more harmonies), I'm convinced he helped shaping that album. Harmony wise, vocal wise, and he added some wonderful things in calmer parts on the album as well. He may not be as influential, but I do not mind. He's certainly a little forgotten because of what happened afterwards. And his contribution may not be that striking. But when you zoom in, listen with headphones, you really can hear all these things and I really enjoy them.

I would not be too sure that everything he added had been there in Maiden's style already. Anyway, taste and interest in the man's contributions may differ, but I'm glad he was there. I would not change one note. I love the album very much as it is and he was part of it.

Obviously he really likes to be in the Hall. I do not need to see that he needs to sacrifice that wish for someone else.
If we can believe Blaze then he does not care that he's not in it, and until now, Dennis was the only other Maiden related person who spoke up about.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't just talking about credits. He contributed to the album, to how Maiden evolved on that record. Even though he wished some things more different (e.g. even more harmonies), I'm convinced he helped shaping that album.
I’m sure there’s some truth to this, as Adrian’s presence on Killers had an obvious impact, but he didn’t have any songwriting credits on that album.

Maybe Blaze's contributions are what got him excluded from consideration by the Hall. :innocent:
It's because the albums he featured on weren't released by the cutoff period, I imagine. If they get re-nominated next year, he should be included at that point.

Back