Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Remember the proshot show from Beat Club, Bremen, Germany 1981? Its usual among the bootleg-traders.
Now the Beat Club has uploaded best ever version of the show and it's full (this was only available as recorded from broadcast but with lesser songs):

[00:00:22] Ides of March (from tape)
[00:02:10] Prowler
[00:06:05] Charlotte the Harlot
[00:10:19] checking mental state of audience
[00:10:44] Wrathchild
[00:13:50] Remember Tomorrow (1st try)
[00:15:18] remember audio engineer lessons
[00:18:07] Remember Tomorrow (2nd try)
[00:23:42] Transylvania
[00:27:40] Running Free
[00:31:10] Innocent Exile
[00:35:23] Sanctuary (1st try)
[00:39:33] Killers
[00:44:45] Another Life
[00:48:30] Phantom of the Opera
[00:55:51] Iron Maiden
[01:00:06] Sanctuary (2nd try)

There's some problems, Spinal Tap moment and electric stuff going right in the middle of Remember Tomorrow.
Electrics go out, band get some beer and things get sorted or worked out.
Wow, this is great quality and never would have thought to see this.
Thank you so much, love it. My favourite line-up.

Remember the proshot show from Beat Club, Bremen, Germany 1981? Its usual among the bootleg-traders.
Now the Beat Club has uploaded best ever version of the show and it's full (this was only available as recorded from broadcast but with lesser songs):

[00:00:22] Ides of March (from tape)
[00:02:10] Prowler
[00:06:05] Charlotte the Harlot
[00:10:19] checking mental state of audience
[00:10:44] Wrathchild
[00:13:50] Remember Tomorrow (1st try)
[00:15:18] remember audio engineer lessons
[00:18:07] Remember Tomorrow (2nd try)
[00:23:42] Transylvania
[00:27:40] Running Free
[00:31:10] Innocent Exile
[00:35:23] Sanctuary (1st try)
[00:39:33] Killers
[00:44:45] Another Life
[00:48:30] Phantom of the Opera
[00:55:51] Iron Maiden
[01:00:06] Sanctuary (2nd try)

There's some problems, Spinal Tap moment and electric stuff going right in the middle of Remember Tomorrow.
Electrics go out, band get some beer and things get sorted or worked out.
Wow, this is great quality and never would have thought to see this.

Bugger me timbers, buddy of all motherbuddies.
Amazing. This is PEAK MAIDEN. Forget about Bruce "Ego Siren/Renaissance Twat" Dickinson and get the real deal here.
They were a different band then, much meaner and leaner.

We all had listened to the 1977 recording of Prowler. A guy (who claims to have many bootlegs from '76-'78) has posted a bit of Floating from the same gig. Quite different from the final version. I hope it wasn't posted before.

Last edited:
We all had listened to the 1977 recording of Prowler. A guy (who claims to have many bootloegs from '76-'78) has posted a bit of Floating from the same gig. Quite different from the final version. I hope it wasn't posted before.

The more the merrier.
Pity it's that short, and I really don't understand why the official Maiden histories keep insisting Dennis couldn't really sing.

Forget about Bruce "Ego Siren/Renaissance Twat" Dickinson and get the real deal here.
happy0055.gif

I really don't understand why the official Maiden histories keep insisting Dennis couldn't really sing.

The quality of that tape does not really help to ascertain whether he could sing or not. The clips from recent live clips show that Dennis cannot sing for toffee though. He is a bit like Steve in that respect. :lol:

I think Di'Anno was good to brilliant at the Beat Club. When I checked this vid for the first time, at times I was flabbergasted about how much he sounded the same as on the studio albums. Great performance.

Last edited:
I think Di'Anno was good to brilliant at the Beat Club. When I checked this vid for the first time, at times I was flabbergasted about how much he sounded the same as on the studio albums. Great performance.

Yeah, DiAnno was quite good that night.

Last edited:
They sound surprisingly amateurish. Good for you to like it. :lol:
Yeah, I was about to say, if this was peak Maiden then what do you call everything that came after? Clive's having a surprising amount of trouble here (little mistakes, awkward fills, occasionally a little off on the beat), Paul delivers for the most part but seems to lose some of his voice towards the end and the solos are just good, nothing special. Compare this to Hammersmith Odeon '82 and it's like a different band. Clive is ridiculously solid on that, and comparing Bruce at his early years peak to Paul at not even his best obviously isn't even fair to the latter.

Clive's having a surprising amount of trouble here (little mistakes, awkward fills, occasionally a little off on the beat)
How dare you to downplay this full out aggressive, powerful performance? Little mistakes, so little that they are unimportant. Not just hearing but seeing Another Life, Remember Tomorrow, Charlotte the Harlot and Prowler like this is so awesome. Brilliant.
Paul delivers for the most part but seems to lose some of his voice towards the end
Barely noticeable. Why so negative?
and the solos are just good, nothing special.
Nonsense.

This Beat Club performances makes me realize that songs should not be played slower than the original.
Fast aggressive Maiden, the way it was meant. Well done guys.

Last edited:
Back