Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I kind of expected a 2019 release date, judging from the way things proceeded so far. Any date before that would do just fine for me.

My money would be on September 2018, with a Give Me Ed (European festivals) style tour in the summer.

The interview with Martin Birch in the latest fan club magazine was great to see, because he usually doesn't do interviews anymore. He mentioned that he is going to one of the London shows.

Found this bootleg from 2000. Some interesting guitar choices from Adrian. He uses the White strat in drop-D for 2MTM (this is probably the only time when 2MTM was played in drop-D). He also uses the black Les Paul Custom on Blood Brothers.

The interview with Martin Birch in the latest fan club magazine was great to see, because he usually doesn't do interviews anymore. He mentioned that he is going to one of the London shows.

Anything else about this? Birch is a cool character. I really missed him in the latest History of.. installment.

Anything else about this?
He was asked about how the band came up with some of the nicknames for him in the booklets and so forth, shared a funny stored in which he apparently threw a chair out of the window of Dave Murray's hotel room, resulting in the police showing up, and Dave was told that they would be left alone if he played some guitar for them, after that one of the police men had recognized him. :p

And as well he said that at the time of the recording of Fear of the Dark, he was not sure that it was to be his last record, he made the decision afterwards. He also mentioned that he always used different setups from record to record - different microphones etc.

Last edited:
Strange video. Forgive me if its been posted before.
Dave seems to be asking Father Nicko about flight arrangements for the next day, Adrian looks like he would rather be anywhere else and one of the crew guys works hard on removing a troublesome article from his nostril, possibly to create room for more nasal supplements.

There was a good 2 page interview with Steve in today's Scottish Sun that talked about set lists staying the same on tours, why he doesn't drink much anymore and that Scottish fans are the best
Also " I think we will do more stuff. I'm pretty sure we will tour at least next year anyway"
A tour to support the next album maybe????

At first, I was was really happy to see a Martin Birch interview in the last FC mag, but, to say the least, it is a disappointment. I mean, most of the interview is about the stupid nicknames. We don't really learn anything relevant about the music, which is a shame. Birch does his best and seems happy to answer the questions, but the guy asking does a pretty poor job.

I enjoyed the Birch anekdotes a lot. I laughed very loud at least three times when reading it. The chair story was a most hilarious story. Makes it the best interview in ages.

It was posted before. In this topic on page 12. Two days later you posted on that page @harrisdevot (four posts lower) but you probably still missed it.

Last edited:
Still, a really great interview, and a fun read. To see Steve praising Nightwish is pretty cool!

Back