Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Who posted it where?

I haven't seen any of the beers after hallowed (light brigade, sun and steel, fear of the dark) on sale over here. Are they drinkable?

Yes, they are. Light Brigade is probably the least good of them.

You are missing Trooper IPA too. ;)

Last edited:
Picture-vinyl edition of the debut-album will be releasd on october 9th.

Aug 25th, 2020
Special Limited Edition release of Maiden's debut album to celebrate National Album Day

Parlophone Records will issue a very special limited edition 12” vinyl version of Iron Maiden’s iconic self-titled debut album on October 9th. The release honours both the 40th Anniversary of the album, which came out on April 14th 1980 and also the UK's 2020’s National Album Day, on October 10th – a longstanding local retail celebration of the long-player.

Iron Maiden was the album that saw the East London band start the journey that has led them over the course of four decades, sixteen studio albums, over 90 million album sales and more than 2000 concerts around the globe, to become the biggest and most acclaimed metal band on the planet.

It features original vocalist Paul Di’Anno and includes songs such as ‘Phantom Of The Opera’, ‘Running Free’ and ‘Iron Maiden’ that have long been considered classics in the Maiden canon and still feature in many of the band’s live sets today.

3d_exploded[1].jpg

Looks shit, not the proper logo and won't look like the proper cover with the bumble bee effect behind Eddie.

Not to mention this has been released on 5 other different vinyl releases in the uk alone, including a picture disc within the last 10 years.

Of course, I've just pre-ordered it #sucker

Looks shit, not the proper logo and won't look like the proper cover with the bumble bee effect behind Eddie.

Not to mention this has been released on 5 other different vinyl releases in the uk alone, including a picture disc within the last 10 years.

Of course, I've just pre-ordered it #sucker

Another re-release from a band that claims not to be about nostalgia... Knowing they are sitting on a finished album of new songs makes it somewhat sad.

I am so glad I stopped collecting re-re-re-releases years ago.

Another re-release from a band that claims not to be about nostalgia... Knowing they are sitting on a finished album of new songs makes it somewhat sad.

I am so glad I stopped collecting re-re-re-releases years ago.

Yep, we already got plenty of different pressings and editions in our collections.
Not sure if I need one more..I got around 10 different of the debut-album already (lp+cd+cassette).

And yes, I have never heard of this such thing as national album day. Record Store Day went downhill with people called "flippers" that will buy multiple copies of the releases and then wait a bit and sell them for profit on discogs and ebay.

^ It would be easy to set a one person one copy rule for the first half of the day. Guess they don't care, and manager's bonus is underway if albums are sold out before noon.

Hopefully the quality will be good and that the show will be left to their channel for viewing for later aswell (it's sometimes nice to revisit those upload) but if it it's taken somehow down then some other user might upload it back.

A quick look on youtube doesn't show any professional looking footage

I remember some bits of Children of the Damned with soundboard sound being part of a news report in one of the local newspapers back in 2016, but I have not been able to find it online.

Hopefully Tears of a Clown and/or Hallowed are streamed

I would not get my hopes up; there is no indication that there would be any previously unseen Maiden footage (the poster does, on the other hand, suggest that they would stream some never seen before stuff from other bands, like Mastodon, Gojira, Slayer, Rancid or Rise of the Northstar).

Last edited:
Back