Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I hope they call the studio that made that eddie with the dragon figure. They're making an awesome figures.
I wouldn't mind paying a lot for a really well done Iron Maiden Eddie figure, but I'm not going to waste a penny in these kind of toys for children.
I'm ok with the pinball, I'm ok with the mobile game ( I've never played), I didn't like the idea of the comics I disliked the idea of the football team wear kit, it's ridiculous and now they release this kind of bullshit toys just because Metallica, GNR, Kiss and more bands is selling them…Let's get a little bit serious, because Eddie is (like they say) their image & their brand.

I hope they call the studio that made that eddie with the dragon figure. They're making an awesome figures.
I wouldn't mind paying a lot for a really well done Iron Maiden Eddie figure, but I'm not going to waste a penny in these kind of toys for children.
I'm ok with the pinball, I'm ok with the mobile game ( I've never played), I didn't like the idea of the comics I disliked the idea of the football team wear kit, it's ridiculous and now they release this kind of bullshit toys just because Metallica, GNR, Kiss and more bands is selling them…Let's get a little bit serious, because Eddie is (like they say) their image & their brand.

Eddie is just a cartoon figure and whilst I definitely like how if has been used in many album and single covers over the years, what made me a fan was the music. Let’s stop releasing tacky shit and go back to what really matters.

Out of... Well, various Maiden-labeled products out there, Funko Pop! Eddie(s) don't really bother me at all, simply because pretty much everything and everyone has been turned into Funkos anyway.

Not that Maiden & Eddie should be like everything else, but you get the point. But yeah, a bit... Meh.

That the Iron Maiden brand and Eddie is now ripe enough for Funko Pop is not really that surprising. I thought it would have happened sooner to be honest. It just goes to show how Maiden is a major brand and popular enough that Funko Pop wanted to take a chance and get the license to sell these to metal/Iron Maiden/popular media fans. I'm sure these will sell like hot-cakes to children and adults a-like and that in a few years we'l see the next four Eddie Funko Pop figures announced from Powerslave to Seventh Son.

Last edited:
On Lisbon (What does this button do tour), Bruce said they will play Alexander The Great live.

I'm not sure if you guys can see the video, because it is in a facebook group, but here's the link:
I tried to see if someone else had uploaded it on youtube already, but couldn't find. Only part I could find was Bruce singing The Chemical Wedding (and he said the Alexander The Great part literally 10 seconds b4 that).

Anyway, not hyped or anything. Just saying what I saw. Don't judge me.

The Chemical Wedding part, in case you guys can't see the full part:

Last edited:
Anyway, not hyped or anything. Just saying what I saw. Don't judge me.

I'm not the biggest "ATG live!" cultist around either... But admittedly, Bruce saying they'll play it live, talking about The Chemical Wedding and singing part of it all within two and a half minutes makes that one hell of a epic moment, if nothing else.

Last edited:
The "will play" is new but yeah, when I saw him the answer was "probably". I said it back then, I'll say it now: ATG has enough recognition and name value now that it's only a matter of time till Iron Maiden casually throws it into one of the setlists.

I'm not the biggest "ATG live!" cultist around either... But admittedly, Bruce saying they'll play it live, talking about The Chemical Wedding and singing part of it all within two and a half minutes makes that one hell of a epic moment, if nothing else.

I was definitely more excited about hearing him sing Chemical Wedding live after 20 years than about the possibility of Maiden playing Alexander the Great live in the future.

Back