Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Does Steve said that Maiden have played ''Invaders'' live...? o_O (39:26 onwards)

Yeah he does, but he's mistaken, probably just assuming that they did as usually the first song on the new album opens the gig, without really thinking about what he was saying.

I heard somewhere before that Invaders was played during BOTR tour, but only couple of times or so. Of course that is hard to determine, since there are limited bootlegs from that time and Setlist FM is not accurate.

the first boot of the tour comes from the 3rd gig, I think if it wasn't in the set then we can safely say that given how Maiden has conducted the rest of their career, that it's unlikely that it was ever played.

Also, Murders in the Rue Morgue with the intro section being played over the PA is such a deliberate choice to open the show, that you can't imagine Invaders ever being the opener. Which increases the unlikelihood of Invaders having ever had being in the set.

the first boot of the tour comes from the 3rd gig, I think if it wasn't in the set then we can safely say that given how Maiden has conducted the rest of their career, that it's unlikely that it was ever played.

Also, Murders in the Rue Morgue with the intro section being played over the PA is such a deliberate choice to open the show, that you can't imagine Invaders ever being the opener. Which increases the unlikelihood of Invaders having ever had being in the set.
In Kerrang Magazine clipping review of Wolverhampton show, the journalist just say about a few new songs and the encore I think.
Maybe they played live the first 2 shows but they decided to play Murders instead of because maybe invaders didn't worked.

Footage from 1984 in Halifax from the local tv. it's a short clip, but it's cool to watch footage from that time and the headbangers too. lol

There was a huge thing where a Halifax alderman tried to get the band banned and said they needed to do random drug tests of the people at the concert and stuff.

- Do you foresee another new Iron Maiden studio album?

Steve: "We talked about it fairly recently and Bruce was saying to me, 'How many albums do you wanna do?', and I said, 'Well, it's up to all of us.' But I think everyone's keen to do more stuff, so I'm sure there will be more albums in the future."

Albums. That's great Steve..... I wish Maiden will play forever.... :blush:

It's interesting that Steve doesn't think Invaders is a very good song. Not that he's wrong, but it's refreshing to see someone in his position be critical of their own work, and able to be honest publicly about something that they feel isn't as strong as most of the rest of their body of work.

I think ''Invaders'' is a good short rocker, ideal to open a album. The only weak thing is the chorus. But yeah, in contrast to the other songs on TNOTB album, between them and ''Invaders''/''Gangland'' is a whole pit XD...

He even said the they played ''Invaders'' live. :lol:

Looks like a cheap rag, still way better than all their other football shirts, especially the vile red and black one

Back