Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Does this men that Maiden really weren't in Paris to record a new album and were actually all just over there to see Bruce and have a drink and a jolly?

How about this guys? LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BRUCE MATTER... Haven't you read the forum rules?

Hey, this new development could lead to a new song with lyrics criticising the tabloid press. It would be a nice change from Age of Innocence, where the lyrics were just the type of crap the tabloid press would print!

Maybe some of this turmoil in Bruce's personal life makes it on to songs penned by him on the new album? When Steve got divorced we got the darkness of the two Blaze albums.

I wouldn't take 'lack of injunction/lack of libel action' to mean anything much. It costs a fortune to do stuff like that (Rod is a Yorkshireman after all), often results in even more discussion of the defamatory comments, and Rod's interest first and foremost is Maiden's appeal, not Bruce. Any publicity is good publicity. You've heard of Donald Trump, I take it?

Maybe some of this turmoil in Bruce's personal life makes it on to songs penned by him on the new album? When Steve got divorced we got the darkness of the two Blaze albums.
So far we got:
  • Day Of The Dead
  • A História Do Brasil
  • Van Helsing
And now a song about Bruce's marriage difficulties, "Chemical Separation". Cannot wait for this album!

Something I'd like to read is a review of Number of the Beast back from '82 when it came out. I'd like to see how the reactions to Bruce were felt at th time. Is that floating around this thread? It's 81 pages so I'm not diving into all of them.

Something I'd like to read is a review of Number of the Beast back from '82 when it came out. I'd like to see how the reactions to Bruce were felt at th time. Is that floating around this thread? It's 81 pages so I'm not diving into all of them.
I think I have posted but I don't remember which thread, Anyway I'm going to post again ;)

Also, regarding reactions how was Bruce taken when he took Paul's place as the lead-singer on the 7 last dates of Killer World Tour?
I think I've heard that on some shows he got some feedback from audience but was it documented anywhere? Was it ever discussed in magazines etc?

Also, regarding reactions how was Bruce taken when he took Paul's place as the lead-singer on the 7 last dates of Killer World Tour?
I think I've heard that on some shows he got some feedback from audience but was it documented anywhere? Was it ever discussed in magazines etc?

I think he said somewhere that those shows in Italy were a blast, since noone heard the band live before. But at the shows in the UK there was some mixed reception.

Back