Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

Going back to this live stream, they did not show songs from Donington '92 and Download 2003....

it was a good chance to remove those black & white footage from the '92 show and stream FOTD or HBTN from this concert - great performances of these songs. From Download 2003 - they probably do not have any footage.

Rod's fault one more time?

View attachment 12247

Possibly, there's some tv footage from Scuzz on youtube, Stone Sour at least who were on the day after Maiden. I can't remember if anything else was shown on tv, but you'ld have to imagine if Scuzz had footage of Stone Sour then there was someone there filming professionally, and you'ld have imagined they'd have wanted to film the headliners and the only reason they wouldn't have filmed the headliners is the were stopped from doing so. Metallica also played a secret gig on the Sunday in the tent and that would have been another one film makers would have loved to have recorded.

There is a TV broadcast of that tour from Rock am Ring though so maybe that deal might have included restrictions on filming elsewhere, rather than it being a case of Rod just being a cunt.

If we only had Somewhere on Tour in this quality

I feel like NPOTR is a bit of an underrated tour, possibly due to the lack of good footage and people not really liking NPTFD that much. The setlists were pretty unique (in a good way, if you ask me) and the band had a sort of an attitude to their playing that I felt was missing from Maiden England. Sure, it came at the cost of some sloppiness but I think that just added to the live feel.

Bit of a shame that bootleg is missing a couple of songs (22AA and BYDTTS being the most notable) because of CD space restrictions, though. The only versions of 22AA from that tour I can find are way lower in quality.

I don't think it's media space restriction because Assassin/Hooks wouldn't be there.

Version 1 : 2nd Night : "Save Your Prayers" [SDB 62:19]
Version 2 : 2nd Night : Pre-FM (Z-Rock Radio) [FM 67:47]
Version 3 : 2nd Night : "Sledgehammer" Pre-FM [FM 73:51]
Version 4 : 2nd Night [SDB 65:01]
Version 5 : "War Machine" incl. Rhythm Of The Beast [SDB 70:57]
Version 6 : Vinyl Rip [SDB 59:34]

Well I don't know what "Pre-FM" stands for exactly. Looks like multiple parties had access to the soundboard.

I like No Prayer still I think the album isn't developed 100% and the sound isn't good...especially the combination of guitar sound and tightness live. For example, beneath Murray's Tailgunner solo there are some great staccato riffs. They are of Painkiller aggression without Painkiller production. And live is worse because Gers isn't being tight. Assassin is not a good track, and it's not a good live track, and they're not into it (the verses drag along more than on record). Hooks in You is also absolutely meh and did not deserve to be played live. Roger Glover would say this is a "sexy" song and Iron Maiden does not, I repeat, does not do sexy songs well.

I don't believe they chose not to play RSRD and Fates Warning. I still don't believe they didn't go for sleek modern production and push RSRD as single. I completely get, and approve, why Harris wanted a more aggressive route, I get why they booted Smith if he wasn't into it (I think that's why Stratton was shelved in the first place), but they kind of half arsed No Prayer anyway (Mother Russia being the obvious example of something in a beta version).

Technically if you could put on serious production, Mother Russia 2.0, replace Assassin/Hooks in you, you'd have a killer record.

I don't think it's media space restriction because Assassin/Hooks wouldn't be there.

Version 1 : 2nd Night : "Save Your Prayers" [SDB 62:19]
Version 2 : 2nd Night : Pre-FM (Z-Rock Radio) [FM 67:47]
Version 3 : 2nd Night : "Sledgehammer" Pre-FM [FM 73:51]
Version 4 : 2nd Night [SDB 65:01]
Version 5 : "War Machine" incl. Rhythm Of The Beast [SDB 70:57]
Version 6 : Vinyl Rip [SDB 59:34]

Well I don't know what "Pre-FM" stands for exactly. Looks like multiple parties had access to the soundboard.
I do believe that since many bootlegs I've seen from the 90s are in fact cut down to below 74 minutes, and this one's no different. I've even seen some that have been edited almost professionally to fit (one gig from 1995 I believe springs to mind) by removing choruses and verses and such. I doubt the runtime being just a hair under the then-current CD space restriction is an accident; it's way more convenient to have the entire show on one disc.

How did they get such amazing quality of Download 2007? The only stuff I've ever seen has looked and sounded pretty bad. If the rest of the show can be made to do the same, then Maiden definitely needs to release it!

How did they get such amazing quality of Download 2007? The only stuff I've ever seen has looked and sounded pretty bad. If the rest of the show can be made to do the same, then Maiden definitely needs to release it!
It was professionally filmed and recorded + mixed by Kevin Shirley in 2008-09. He even had it in the credits section on his website for a while.

I do believe that since many bootlegs I've seen from the 90s are in fact cut down to below 74 minutes, and this one's no different. I've even seen some that have been edited almost professionally to fit (one gig from 1995 I believe springs to mind) by removing choruses and verses and such. I doubt the runtime being just a hair under the then-current CD space restriction is an accident; it's way more convenient to have the entire show on one disc.

Certainly.

What is interesting here is that whole setlist never surfaced, while the source is the point in soundboard with the whole FM-mix. The bootleg source isn't radio transmission on the other end, it's the prepared stereo. This bootleg and Z-Rock bootleg have a different setlist, and the excluded stuff is throughout.

It was professionally filmed and recorded + mixed by Kevin Shirley in 2008-09. He even had it in the credits section on his website for a while.

Yeah they have it, unreleased because of daylight in first half of the show IIRC.

Going back to this live stream, they did not show songs from Donington '92 and Download 2003....

it was a good chance to remove those black & white footage from the '92 show and stream FOTD or HBTN from this concert - great performances of these songs.

It's very refreshing to watch footage from Donington 1992 in full color and without the obnoxious editing. I prefer watching the songs that MTV recorded over the official release:

If I'm not terribly mistaken, Shirley also mixed professionally filmed and recorded concerts: Ullevi 2005, Download 2013 and Rock In Rio 2013.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, Shirley also mixed professionally filmed and recorded concerts: Ullevi 2005, Download 2013 and Rock In Rio 2013.

Ullevi 2005 was Swedish TV. Maybe they hired him to do the live mixing, but I doubt it.

Download 2013 was for a few songs to include in a TV special.

Do not know about RiR 2013, but I'm almost certain it wasn't KS.

This era is the best when it comes to bootleg coverage, up to that date. There are several, pro shot boots of 92/93 performances in various stage of completion. They have one thing in common - none of them has Be Quick or Be Dead, the opening track of both tours and arguably one of the best tracks of that entire era.

Back