Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

Now when I think about it, it may have just been the outtake from their last Rock in Rio show.

Audio was definitely Mexico as Bruce says Mexico, a lot of the footage was Rio but there was also other locations as well e.g. you could see people with Mexico flags in the crowd

I hope Maiden put the video of Aces High up on their youtube without Rod talking over the intro

I have always been a bit disappointed that Maiden don’t go down the rarities route. They have so much in their archives (look at the Early Days for crying out loud) and they don’t use it.

This pandemic would have been the ideal time to get some rarities out there for people to consume.

Bring back Dave Pattenden. At least he contributed to the compilation of decent DVD packages with decent documentaries and rarities.

they may not be proud of the rarities they have... Back in 2012, Rod told a few IMFC members after the Atlanta gig while discussing the absence of some songs and the ignorance of others that they have recordings from Somewhere on Tour and even No Prayer on the Road but he wasn't happy with them. He said Caught Somewhere in Time sounded like shit live (which he is partially right). Sad night for those fan club members who then went onto the fan forum and saddened a lot of us

Unfortunately I missed the screening. Was there anything on it apart from the interviews that isn't already up on youtube? It seems like all of the live footage has been posted on youtube in the past in some capacity unless I am being stupid!

Unfortunately I missed the screening. Was there anything on it apart from the interviews that isn't already up on youtube? It seems like all of the live footage has been posted on youtube in the past in some capacity unless I am being stupid!

it all was accept aces high, the quality was nowhere near as good previously though

Audio was from Mexico on this tour, video footage was from all over the South American tour with Rio featuring prominantly

I didn't quite notice it first (as I was probably busy while listened/watched the show), but was it Bruce (that you all mentioned here) that hummed some parts of the song Iron Maiden from 2007-show?
Which part(s) did he hum?

He's not humming, he's just vocalizing with an "ah" sound off-mic along to the bass. Notice he's standing right in front of Nicko while he does this, so it's likely just being picked up through the drum mics and certainly wasn't intentional that it ended up being heard. I think the drum overheads are pretty hot in this mix as during this tune, Hallowed, and Breeg you can also hear Nicko's trademark yelling during some of the more energetic parts.

Bruce does this kind of stuff quite often actually, especially before big shouty or screamy bits. Often you'll see him belt a bit off-mic before he actually sings or shouts.

Back