Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

I decided not to post anything here while hour was running, well it was ok and I liked but of course, like you have already mentioned it was underwhelming.
I had hopes for more, but liked especially 2007 footage which was great because when it was streamed originally (I participated one forums following of the event back then) the picture quality wasn't good but now finally in proper quality.

All of the "behind the scenes" stuff is irrelevant if the song writing, musicianship and stage presence are poor. Band managers should be there for legal statements but when it comes to reaching out to fans at at time when concerts are not possible I would much rather hear from the band members. They are the people who write and perform the music and they are the people we spend loads of money to go see on stage. Nicko was entertaining as usual and to be fair to Rod he does have some good anecdotes but I want to hear from the guys who I should have been seeing on stage last night, not the manager.
As a person working in product and brand management for years I can say that even best product will fail if business side is not managed properly. So I would say that both parts are relevant to the success but I completely understand your point of view. But because of my job I'm very interested in interviews with Rod so you know - for me they are interesting just like band interviews.

This could be some sort of draft for Rod's autobiography.
I'm looking forward to that book tour.
As a person working in product and brand management for years I can say that even best product will fail if business side is not managed properly. So I would say that both parts are relevant to the success but I completely understand your point of view. But because of my job I'm very interested in interviews with Rod so you know - for me they are interesting just like band interviews.
Fair enough, but I think there are circumstances when Rod's contributions are more relevant e.g. History of Iron Maiden documentaries, articles in the fanclub magazine. I don't think Fake Download is the right place for a Rod Smallwood interview. From a marketing point of view I'd have thought that the best way to promote the "product" would be to feature the most prominent band members i.e. Steve and Bruce. Generally the drummer is not the most prominent member of the band - unless you're Mike Portnoy - and although Nicko is an entertaining guy he's not generally the face of Iron Maiden. Furthermore, nobody put posters of Rod Smallwood on their wall when they were teenagers.

Obviously there may be reasons which we don't get to know about that made other band members, particularly Bruce, unavailable for Fake Download. If that's the case then it is what it is.

tenor.gif

All jokes aside, I'm little bit underwhelmed. Maiden like to overhype things now.

I don't think Fake Download was overhyped. We were promised an exclusive and that's what we got. I think some people overhyped this themselves by expecting a new song or some news about an album - it was never going to be either of these things. That was never going to happen. I wanted some live footage from past Download Festivals and that's what we got. It was fine and brought back some good memories from 2007, 2013 and 2016. There was also some bad memories of the mud in 2016 but Maiden were good at least.

I don't think Fake Download was overhyped. We were promised an exclusive and that's what we got. I think some people overhyped this themselves by expecting a new song or some news about an album - it was never going to be either of these things. That was never going to happen. I wanted some live footage from past Download Festivals and that's what we got. It was fine and brought back some good memories from 2007, 2013 and 2016. There was also some bad memories of the mud in 2016 but Maiden were good at least.
Yeah, but on the other side there many people who are overhyping this and it's quite hard to not join them. :)

the 2007 show is on youtube

But is it really on the same quality as we saw yesterday? Not to my knowledge. I remember that the original transmission of the Download 2007 show, the one that was streamed didn't have too good picture quality anyways. I have some recordings of it on dvd and computer, but would like to see best possible version of the show in full.

Yeah, but on the other side there many people who are overhyping this and it's quite hard to not join them. :)
You must resist and not give in to mob rule.

I see what you mean though, it is easy to get swept up in some of the hysteria before the first show of a tour and for other things. It's why I ask people to have some self control and introspection before these things.
But is it really on the same quality as we saw yesterday? Not to my knowledge. I remember that the original transmission of the Download 2007 show, the one that was streamed didn't have too good picture quality anyways. I have some recordings of it on dvd and computer, but would like to see best possible version of the show in full.
The picture quality and lighting wasn't great, but the band sounded good and the atmosphere was great.

I know that but still, even when you know what will happen there is small part reading all this cool possibilities and thinking 'that would be cool' :D

The picture quality and lighting wasn't great, but the band sounded good and the atmosphere was great.

Im talking about the original webcast from 2007 and yesterday's version. The one shown yesterday looked pretty good as comparison to usual stuff that's out there from this show. Maybe they just don't have any better copy?
There must be something, more precious and good quality that they are still holding in the Maiden headquarters vault.
I think we easily should someday see full show, even if this was dark lighted stage with some problems (like Bruce falling during Wrathchild, flags etc).

Rod is top probably more important than most of the band. Only Steve and Bruce are more important. Maybe.
Not in terms of fan interest. It's like the band delegates public relations to him, which is kind of disappointing when they're people who make a living being in a spotlight on stage.

Back