Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

This is very underwhelming. They had to chance to give us something different and unique but it was all songs we've seen before. They could have given us a remote performance of 'Alexander the Great' but it's just more of the same! Very disappointing. :mad:

So true! With the wannabe D’Artagnan fencing in Paris during the solos and the Tax Exile Lion galloping from the Bahamas!

Fuck, video not available anymore. Was just in the middle of Phantom, awesome version. Does anybody know what pick ups those are in Dave‘s guitar in that song?

Maiden always deliver the goods (I think the only time I have felt disappointed after one of their gigs was in 1998), but those AMOLAD shows were really special, up there with the Madrid show in 1999 (Ed Hunter tour), the Oslo show in 2008 (SBIT tour), London in 2017 (TBOS tour) and London in 2018 (LOTB tour).

Fingers crossed the band manage to be as good the next time I get to see them in 202x.
Oslo 08 was absolutely insanely good. Best Maiden show ever for me.

Rod can take all the thanks and applause he likes, if he wasn't making the band money you would have stopped getting albums and tours years ago.
Rod is top probably more important than most of the band. Only Steve and Bruce are more important. Maybe.

Sorry for several posts in a row..

Did any band show any really special and exclusive? The interviews give us some insight on what the band think and the songs are also about getting new fans. I loved that they talked so highly about AMOLAD and showed Ben Breeg.

This is very underwhelming. They had to chance to give us something different and unique but it was all songs we've seen before. They could have given us a remote performance of 'Alexander the Great' but it's just more of the same! Very disappointing. :mad:
I said this couple days ago - they will overhype this and give us same old songs from well known shows.

It was great, but nothing exclusive.... probably ''Aces High'' from RIR was the exclusive, or I should say, only the audio.

I'm happy that we get TROBB, IM and HBTN from Download 2007 with a good quality - that version of HBTN was very good and very fast. All other songs were released from Download (with a high quality) before. They did not show only TBOS and SOL from 2016.

It was great, but nothing exclusive.... probably ''Aces High'' from RIR was the exclusive, or I should say, only the audio.

I'm happy that we get TROBB, IM and HBTN from Download 2007 with a good quality - that version of HBTN was very good and very fast. All other songs were released from Download (with a high quality) before. They did not show only TBOS and SOL from 2016.
Nothing was from RIR apart from a few video shots- the audio of Aces High was from Mexico, and the video was cut together from a ton of different shows.

TROBB was broadcast on TV in 2007. ;)

Along with FOTD from Download 2007, if I'm not mistaken. But that broadcast (although in a good quality) completely omitted the whole intro of TROBB. I remember this broadcast of the two aforementioned songs started with a short interview from Adrian and Steve.

I would say that they go to the shows because of how good he's in managing whole Iron Maiden machine behind the scenes.
All of the "behind the scenes" stuff is irrelevant if the song writing, musicianship and stage presence are poor. Band managers should be there for legal statements but when it comes to reaching out to fans at at time when concerts are not possible I would much rather hear from the band members. They are the people who write and perform the music and they are the people we spend loads of money to go see on stage. Nicko was entertaining as usual and to be fair to Rod he does have some good anecdotes but I want to hear from the guys who I should have been seeing on stage last night, not the manager.

Back