IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Powerslave has been my go to Maiden album lately. If I want to hear Maiden and I'm not in the mood for any particular era of sound, I end up putting on Powerslave.

This has been the case for me ever since the day I completed the entire discography.

I will vote for BNW until it gets kicked out. And I also changed vote to include TNOTB and TBOS.
I like or absolutely adore songs from The Number Of The Beast, however album as a whole I don't find a top notch experience. TBOS is double album and as such it has 20 minutes of 'I'll pass' music.

4 albums of the unsurpassed line up are my top 4 albums. Powerslave is the least favourable for me, and Seventh Son has switched place with POM recently, the latter being my 2nd favourite. AMOLAD goes to 5th place in a list.

Powerslave appeal is one I can never quite work out. Three, maybe four, of the eight tracks are pretty popular across the fanbase, three of them have been played live right up to recent years, but the entire middle section of this album doesn't seem to spark a lot of enthusiasm. Yet as the voting currently stands, Powerslave is either the second most popular album or the second least disliked. It's even performing better in this round than SIT, which is a favourite in these parts if all the favourable comments about the album and individual tracks are anything to go by.

I think you are underestimating the appreciation that Flash of the Blade and The Duellists get. For me the latter is top 20. There is also a lot of love for the song The Book of Souls which has A LOT in common with Losfer Words. Sure 2 Minutes is overplayed live, but still a cracking good song. Which leaves Back in the Village which isn't as bad as you remember, go listen to it! And that doesn't even touch on the "big three" from the album, which are likely among many members all-time favorites.

AMOLAD
TBOS
BNW (wanted to spare it today and vote for SIT, but I have to protect NOTB. NOTB? Are you nuts? 6 of its songs are all time classics and the other two are fun. And good. "Gangland" is better than half of AMOLAD or TFF, and I say this unironically)

Only Children and
AMOLAD
TBOS
BNW (wanted to spare it today and vote for SIT, but I have to protect NOTB. NOTB? Are you nuts? 6 of its songs are all time classics and the other two are fun. And good. "Gangland" is better than half of AMOLAD or TFF, and I say this unironically)

I really think we all talk more about TNOTB out of memories and what it meant that real quality.

Invaders and Gangland are awful.

RTTH and the TNOTB are good but not THAT great, but they bring us memories of greener days.

Prisoner, Acacia, Children and Halloweed are really awesome tough.

Lord of light, Thousand Suns, Legacy, Longest Day, Out of the Shadows, Breeg... Any of them would have been instant anthems had they been written in the early 80. I mean... All time classics.

I changed my vote to include NOTB (I originally only went with PoM and BNW for this round) in the hopes to try to save Book of Souls.

I hate all of this. The Book of Souls as an album is far superior to mixed bags like:
- TNOTB which has two songs that are virtually terrible.
- POM and SiT which each have 3 mediocre songs and one song with abysmal lyrics.

I will always be salty at the ability of the Nostalgia Camp to overlook weak tracks simply because their fond memories tell them that every track on those albums sounds like Hallowed Be Thy Name or Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Well, three of the five 00s albums have made it into the better half of the ratings. Let's not be too critical of the Nostalgia Camp now :).

I hate all of this. The Book of Souls as an album is far superior to mixed bags like:
- POM and SiT which each have 3 mediocre songs and one song with abysmal lyrics.

I will always be salty at the ability of the Nostalgia Camp to overlook weak tracks simply because their fond memories tell them that every track on those albums sounds like Hallowed Be Thy Name or Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Switch SiT with 7th Son and I agree completely

Sorry, can't help it you don't like these eighties albums as much as most others do. :devil:

Sorry, can't help it you don't like these eighties albums as much as most others do. :devil:

I think that he likes them the same way other people does. But he does not have the bias.

I mean, Gangland and Invaders presence would be strident in a reunion album. But they are overlooked because we first heard them young and bring us good memories. And many others are considered better than they are just because of when where they written.

Back