IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
People really need to take a closer look at 7th Son.
It doesn't have as many great songs as the other remaining albums.
And it shouldn't get bonus points for "concept album"
Because really, they never quite pulled that off.

Well, if I was to compare Seventh son against Somewhere in time (my least preferred of the remaining).

Great songs
Infinite Dreams vs Alexander (Infinite dreams wins)

Highly rated songs
Moonchild, Can I Play with Madness, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant vs Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land (7th son songs win)

Medium rated songs
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, The Prophecy, Only the Good Die Young Vs Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, Heaven Can Wait, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Deja-Vu (again, 7th wins it)

Neither album have bad songs. Overall 7th has much better production and tone. Those guitar synths were a bad idea.

Seventh Son sounds thinner. Drums are weaker in the mix, everything sounds a little lighter.

The guitar synths sound really well, check that during the SIASL solo for example. I love the keys in Seventh Son but they are different sounding. They fit very well to those particular songs, with that atmosphere.

Seventh Son sounds thinner. Drums are weaker in the mix, everything sounds a little lighter.

The guitar synths sound really well, check that during the SIASL solo for example. I love the keys in Seventh Son but they are different sounding. They fit very well to those particular songs, with that atmosphere.
I think my music tastes are quite different to yours. (in many ways)
My favourite IM song is The red and the black, but you think it's their worst.
You like "the fugitive", you think its one of their best. I have the Fugitive as one of their worst 10.
You like guitar synth, I hate it. You think Seventh Son is thin and weak sounding, I think it sounds perfect.
But in saying that, we both think Maiden are awesome, so perhaps we have the same tastes after all.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9: The Final Frontier
10: Iron Maiden
11: The X Factor
12: Dance of Death
13: Killers
14: No Prayer For the Dying
15: Fear of the Dark
16: Virtual XI

Farce

Beast
Piece
AMOLAD

All of this BNW hate is equally as repulsive as the hate for TFF. :nonono:

AMOLAD
TBOS
BNW (wanted to spare it today and vote for SIT, but I have to protect NOTB. NOTB? Are you nuts? 6 of its songs are all time classics and the other two are fun. And good. "Gangland" is better than half of AMOLAD or TFF, and I say this unironically)

The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time

Powerslave appeal is one I can never quite work out. Three, maybe four, of the eight tracks are pretty popular across the fanbase, three of them have been played live right up to recent years, but the entire middle section of this album doesn't seem to spark a lot of enthusiasm. Yet as the voting currently stands, Powerslave is either the second most popular album or the second least disliked. It's even performing better in this round than SIT, which is a favourite in these parts if all the favourable comments about the album and individual tracks are anything to go by.

Powerslave appeal is one I can never quite work out. Three, maybe four, of the eight tracks are pretty popular across the fanbase, three of them have been played live right up to recent years, but the entire middle section of this album doesn't seem to spark a lot of enthusiasm. Yet as the voting currently stands, Powerslave is either the second most popular album or the second least disliked. It's even performing better in this round than SIT, which is a favourite in these parts if all the favourable comments about the album and individual tracks are anything to go by.

Flash of the Blade is a 5/5 track for me, I like it more than 2 Minutes to Midnight. Overall five great tracks out of eight.

Powerslave also features my favorite flow as an album out of any Maiden album there is. It just goes by seemlessly, no dragging moments.

I have three Powerslave songs in my top ten. Always a top three studio album since I'm into Maiden.

Powerslave, used to be my favourite album, until TFF came along, so now it sits as second for me.
SIT is one of the weaker of the good albums.
The sound alone of SIT drops it down a few notches,
The powerslave song has the best solo of any IM song. The album IMO has 1 great song (powerslave) and 7 very good ones
SIT has 1 great song (Alexander), two very good songs (Wasted years, Stranger) and the rest are good.

Powerslave has been my go to Maiden album lately. If I want to hear Maiden and I'm not in the mood for any particular era of sound, I end up putting on Powerslave. It's such a great blend of all the styles and influences of Maiden in the 80s and beyond.

Back