1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invaders

Discussion in 'The Number Of The Beast' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Invaders on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

6.1%
  2. 9

10.2%
  3. 8

18.4%
  4. 7

12.2%
  5. 6

32.7%
  6. 5

10.2%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

8.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.0%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

5 years passed, tastes change I suppose. :D

I think when I was 14, what mattered most to me was what the guitars were doing, as well as the vocals to a lesser extent. Now when I listen to music I'm looking at the whole picture, as well as assessing everybody's individual parts. When revisiting some of these songs, I actually find myself focusing in on the rhythm section more. I've been picking up nuances that I didn't hear five years ago.

So I still enjoy the things I mentioned back then, like I said in my review yesterday I love the riffing all over this song. Still a very enjoyable and creative solo section. But all that a 9 does not make. Something about the song just feels like a Killers leftover to me, while it's enjoyable it also doesn't amaze me. Bruce's performance is comparatively reserved and I find the drums to be a bit dull. 6 seems appropriate because it's good, just not great.

2. Invader67

Invader67 Prowler

The best song the band ever done, and my favorite. This song and Gangland rip on The Number of the Beast album.

3. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

It's definitely grown on me. Thought it was dreadful the first listen and the chorus is still a bit silly.

But it's redeemed by some outstanding work by Clive and some nice solos. It would potentially be great if it wasnt for the vocal to be honest.

4. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Cheesy cheesy chorus. This one always seemed to me like a B-TEC version of Murders In The Rue Morgue. So it is a filler.

6/10

5. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

song started off ok, then the chorus came and I went to the next track.... a 1 from me.... just awful

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

First time I listened to it, I thought it was the weakest song on the album. A few listens later and it's become a firm favorite. Hovering between 8 and 9 but I'll go with 8 for now.