Invaders

How good is Invaders on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Invaders

I am voter no. 10 but I am the first to give a 7.

This album deserves an opener with such a bang as this one. It makes you sit up straight straightaway.
I love its edgy couplets, where Bruce emphasizes his words neatly, along with the accents of the riffs. Pretty special. The instrumental section I find a bit less.

I used to love the song, nowadays I just like it.  It's energetic, fast, I like the subject (vikings), and perfectly opens the album.  I give it 8.

I find this song boring nowadays.
When I first listenened it seemed cool and a nice rocker, but after all this time, I'm not so fond on this one.

The chorus is boring and the instrumental is not too interesting.
Despite being one of the worse tracks on the album imo (along with Gangland), it's a listenable track.

I give it 6/10.

The second guitar solo is very cool. I also like the very particular way Bruce pronunciates his lyrics...very carefully, as though he is the new singer or something.

The chorus is ridiculous...surely they knew this when recording it...hell, they recorded Hallowed Be Thy Name during the same sessions.

It's kind of weird too. A 10 point rating already substitutes for a 5-point rating with half points.

6/10 I like the lyrics, the bass and the verses. The chorus isn't that bad. It's above average for me.

I think this is a great song, and I don't understand why people doesn't seem to like it that much.

The intro is great. The singing is amazing. It's fast, intense and should have been played live in 1982.

8/10

8. Explosive song with some insanely difficult and unique vocal lines and Bruce hits the high note without any difficulties. Love Adrian's crippled, gasping for breath bluesy solo.

5/10, an average Maiden song, a pretty weak intro for such a monumental album.

I love the part starting with "set ablaze the campfires......" Great beat, great rhythm

I gave it a 10. Its my favorite opener besides Caught Somewhere in Time

I give this an 8. It's a perfect album opener, flying straight out of the blocks, hitting the listener hard and fast. It lacks something extra to propel it to the higher scores, but I do feel that it announces the NOTB album straight away as a hard, melodic, and at times frantic slab of heavy metal.

4 out of 10... One of my least favorite Maiden tunes. NOTB has been getting very regular playings in my world since it was released, and this song has been skipped nearly every listening. Bruce's vocal just doesn't work for me on this cut. My brain is now wired to believe that the album begins with Children of the Damned...

Back