Infinite Dreams

How good is Infinite Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Infinite Dreams' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'infinite Dreams'

This is a truly great song. At the time of its release, Maiden hadn't done any song quite like it which is part of the reason I like it so much. It has another one of Maiden's many great instrumental sections as well as very good lyrics and a brilliant intro.

Stranger's definitive rating: 5 stars.

'infinite Dreams'

One of my all time faves, a real classic. It's a shame they don't play it anymore. I really like the way that all the different parts flow together very well. The synthesizer adds some nice bits on this song as well.

'infinite Dreams'

Won't go into any lame interpretations. Five stars for my first Maiden love, tears in my eyes, remembering those nights with the headphones...
My favourite part is the beginning, and how the two guitars intertwine. [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Although I always remember how Bruce once (is told to have) said Steve's lyrics had too many words and he (Bruce) would do some serious cuts.

'infinite Dreams'

I heard the song for the first time about two months ago, it immediately had a tremendous impact on me... Now I've acquired Visions of the Beast, and the live-version is even better. What an unbelievable emotion is packed in this song! Truly a Maiden Classic, and I like it even better than NotB, RttH and HbtN...
It's evidently in my Maiden top 3!

It can't be all coincidence, to many things are evident

Beautiful, I truly believe in this line!

UP THE IRONS!

'infinite Dreams'

[!--QuoteBegin-RudeZ+Jul 30 2005, 07:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(RudeZ @ Jul 30 2005, 07:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It can't be all coincidence, too many things are evident

Beautiful, I truly believe in this line!
[snapback]113538[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I can relate to that. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And the build-up in this song is just phenomenal.

'infinite Dreams'

For me this is the best song on the album and also one of the best Maiden songs. It didn't appeal to me at first but it grew on me a lot.

Fantastic vocals, riffs and atmosphere
I love the bluesy influences

5 truly earned stars

'infinite Dreams'

I only discovered this website about a month ago and I was surprised to see this song rated so highly by the fans. I never really like it much so I gave it a 3.5 (I think, don't remember for sure) but I went back and listened to the song a few more times, paying closer attention to the details, and I must say that I now wish I could change my vote!

I still don't much like the first 30 or 40 seconds of the song ("Infinite dreams, I can't deny them -- Infinity is hard to comprehend..." that sounds so silly!) but the remaining 5+minutes of the song are truly masterful. I would put this right up there with Hallowed be thy name and Ancient Mariner as some of Maiden's very best songs!

Why can't I change my vote??

'infinite Dreams'

it's a shame i can't give it more than 5! one of my favorite songs ever, and one of the truly deepest i've heard, it sends shivers down my spine every time i hear it, and that's quite often. hard to imagine people not liking this song! but to each their own

'infinite Dreams'

In a moment of deepest boredom, I revisited the lyrics last night. I'm not a good sleeper myself, and I sometimes lie in bed for hours and hours waiting for sleep to come. This doesn't really relate to the lyrics, except for this part:

Even though it's reached new heights
I rather like these restless nights
It makes me wonder
Makes me think
There's more to this
I'm on the brink

Sometimes, when I go to bed, it's the only time of the day I really get to be completely for myself, and I really have the time and/or calmness to let my thoughts flow. I know many other people feel like that too. But they'd rather go to sleep, while I rather enjoy this time of complete concentration on things that are purely in your head.
Except when you are occupied by things you'd rather not think about.

Daily Song: Infinite Dreams

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Infinite Dreams

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Now, this song I don't love so much. It's very groovy, very against Maiden's normal niche; lots of people love it. I find it good. Pretty good, but I struggle to give it even an 8 - so I won't. 7/10.

Re: Daily Song: Infinite Dreams

One of the most intense Maiden songs, musically and lyrically. Not sure what else to say... it's still not the best song on the album, in my opinion. 9/10.

Possibly the best song on the album, fighting with Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.  I love Bruce's scream and the instrumental section which follows it. And the solos.  And the lyrics.  And pretty much everything, actually.  A strong 9.

Great song, but I rank at least three songs of Seventh Son above it (Evil that Men Do, Moonchild, Seventh Son).  I never was the biggest fan of Seventh Son's production, and I especially don't like the sound of this song.  A solid 8.

This song has my favourite vocal melodies, from the whole Maiden catalogue. When Bruce starts singing "Even though it's reached new heights" I am totally under some kind of spell. One of the best parts ever!

It's not just the singing, it's the combination with the music underneath. From the first seconds of this song Nicko plays his instrument with delicate feel, but in this "Even though" part he goes into a stimulating groove, together with good old 'Arry. The keyboards make it all richer and between the chords Adrian does this nice melody. What's also cool about this part is that it is a slower part than the previous one. I think this is pretty rare for Maiden, definitely when it's early in a song, and I feel it certainly makes it the more special.

Later on, Adrian and Dave play some nice harmonies. The one starting at 4:02 is one of the very best guitar harmonies in the world of music (check that gallopping bass underneath!). The solos are very nice, with piercing high tones. The way Adrian ends is really cool.

The lyrics are quite intruiging as well, so is the pretty unique atmosphere. For this well constructed melodic masterpiece I can't give a grade lower than 10.

Forostar said:
This song has my favourite vocal melodies, from the whole Maiden catalogue. When Bruce starts singing "Even though it's reached new heights" I am totally under some kind of spell. One of the best parts ever!

It's not just the singing, it's the combination with the music underneath. From the first seconds of this song Nicko plays his instrument with delicate feel, but in this "Even though" part he goes into a stimulating groove, together with good old 'Arry. The keyboards make it all richer and between the chords Adrian does this nice melody. What's also cool about this part is that it is a slower part than the previous one. I think this is pretty rare for Maiden, definitely when it's early in a song, and I feel it certainly makes it the more special.

Later on, Adrian and Dave play some nice harmonies. The one starting at 4:02 is one of the very best guitar harmonies in the world of music (check that gallopping bass underneath!). The solos are very nice, with piercing high tones. The way Adrian ends is really cool.

The lyrics are quite intruiging as well, so is the pretty unique atmosphere. For this well constructed melodic masterpiece I can't give a grade lower than 10.

Thanks, you said it for me. By the way, I also love the scream Bruce delivers in this one. There is nothing I don't love about this song. 10/10.

That scream is good indeed. Starting as a kind of black metal scream, turning in a clean and dying one.

A straight 10 here. Excellent song and coupled with Moonchild, it equates to the best two opening tracks on any album (only Battery/Master of Puppets comes close). Great lyrics on this as well.

I love this track, I love this album.

Infinite Dreams is jammed full of interesting melodies and riffs that are woven together into one of the more adventurous and less repetitious songs of Steve's career. The song has a unique groove from the beginning, the guitarwork is superb and Bruce is in fine form vocally plus he releases one hell of a scream. However, what prevents this song from attaining immortal status in my mind is that it contains the most Andrew Lloyd-Webberish moment of the band's catalogue when Bruce sings "Help me, help me to find my true self without seeing the future. Save me...etc". But apart from this momentary "Jesus Christ Superstar" tribute the song is a classic.

Back