1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by fekso2017, Jun 6, 2017.

1. fekso2017

fekso2017 Invader

I agree. Under represented during The Early Days tour with solid songs all the way trough

2. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

I know! And? :D

3. fekso2017

fekso2017 Invader

Obviously, in regard to the topic, thats the closest they come to perform the full thing!

4. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

I would love to hear The Nomad live, what's the problem with it? :D

5. fekso2017

fekso2017 Invader

Agree! Should actually have been in the setlist during the album tour.

6. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

Yeah! You are right... top notch song. Besides BNW, I would like to hear whole Somewhere In Time or The Final Frontier. :) :)

7. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

This would have happened then

1. Maiden rehearse it
    2. Maiden post a picture of Bruce in the rehearsal studio with the setlist and you can see The Nomad written on it
    3. Maiden drop it before the tour starts and replace it with Wrathchild

8. Maiden4Ever

Maiden4Ever Nomad

I'd like to hear the much maligned Fear of the Dark album. Fresh take on be quick or be dead, the fugitive, chains of misery. Please no fear of the dark track though. Replace with stranger in a strange land only for band to drop it for wrathchild after one gig lol.

Unfortunately maiden as much as I love them are not very adventurous with their set lists. Lots of over played fillers eg trooper, beast. So don't think they'd have the interest in learning more than 6 new songs. Let's face it the maiden England tour only had two songs they had to dust down. 7 son and prisoner.

Forostar likes this.
  9. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

Don't forget Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

10. Should have played Infinate Dreams

bornless1 likes this.
  11. fekso2017

fekso2017 Invader

Should be on every setlist since that album!

12. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

The number of the beast or Powerslave for realistic options, Somewhere in time if I were to decide what album Maiden should play front to back

13. bornless1

bornless1 Messiah Supreme. True Leader of Men.

Piece of Mind seems like the most logical choice (and yes including Quest for Fire):p. But I'd prefer Dance of Death.
    7 th Son is very intriguing though....

14. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

they did 8 out of the 10 on BNW and the usual 6 out of 8 on SIT and several others.... though many tracks from those tours were short lived :(

15. Maiden4Ever

Maiden4Ever Nomad

Not sure I want to hear moonchild, evil that men do, madness, clairvoyant and even title track again live. Keep them in the cupboard. Of course infinite dreams, only the good die young, prophecy. Yeah welcome additions to any set list.

Another question why don't maiden rotate songs during a tour?

16. fekso

fekso Nomad

My guess is that the production is to big.

17. cdm613

cdm613 Invader

I've given this a lot of thought since it was originally posted... and... the answer is still POWERSLAVE.
    :edmetal:

18. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

Somewhere in Time for me

19. Álvaro

Álvaro Prowler

SIT and Fear of the Dark: I would love to hear songs like "Childhood's End" and "Judas be my Guide". Also, it would be interesting to hear songs like "Fortunes of War" and "The Unbeliever" with Bruce and Adrian.

Maiden4Ever likes this.
  20. Azas

Azas Trooper

Powerslave

10/10 - Aces High --- perfect opener.
    8.5/10 - 2 Minutes --- energetic sing along.
    8/10 - Losfer Words --- Bruce goes on vacation, good guitar driven instrumental.
    7.5/10 - Flash of the Blade --- i wonder how this song would sound in a live setting. perhaps, as energetic sing along.
    8.5/10 - The Duellists --- i like very much instrumental section. tear dropping.
    7/10 - Back in the Village --- same as Flash of the Blade, maybe little bit fillerish?
    10/10 - Powerslave --- classic. solos mucho gusto! great album theme song.
    10/10 - Rime of the Ancient Mariner --- great. great. great.

(my english is on the dark side)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Operations666 and cdm613 like this.