If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

This would have happened then

1. Maiden rehearse it
2. Maiden post a picture of Bruce in the rehearsal studio with the setlist and you can see The Nomad written on it
3. Maiden drop it before the tour starts and replace it with Wrathchild

I'd like to hear the much maligned Fear of the Dark album. Fresh take on be quick or be dead, the fugitive, chains of misery. Please no fear of the dark track though. Replace with stranger in a strange land only for band to drop it for wrathchild after one gig lol.

Unfortunately maiden as much as I love them are not very adventurous with their set lists. Lots of over played fillers eg trooper, beast. So don't think they'd have the interest in learning more than 6 new songs. Let's face it the maiden England tour only had two songs they had to dust down. 7 son and prisoner.

The number of the beast or Powerslave for realistic options, Somewhere in time if I were to decide what album Maiden should play front to back

Piece of Mind seems like the most logical choice (and yes including Quest for Fire):p. But I'd prefer Dance of Death.
7 th Son is very intriguing though....

Piece of Mind seems like the most logical choice (and yes including Quest for Fire):p. But I'd prefer Dance of Death.
7 th Son is very intriguing though....
Not sure I want to hear moonchild, evil that men do, madness, clairvoyant and even title track again live. Keep them in the cupboard. Of course infinite dreams, only the good die young, prophecy. Yeah welcome additions to any set list.

Another question why don't maiden rotate songs during a tour?

Not sure I want to hear moonchild, evil that men do, madness, clairvoyant and even title track again live. Keep them in the cupboard. Of course infinite dreams, only the good die young, prophecy. Yeah welcome additions to any set list.

Another question why don't maiden rotate songs during a tour?
My guess is that the production is to big.

I've given this a lot of thought since it was originally posted... and... the answer is still POWERSLAVE.
:edmetal:

SIT and Fear of the Dark: I would love to hear songs like "Childhood's End" and "Judas be my Guide". Also, it would be interesting to hear songs like "Fortunes of War" and "The Unbeliever" with Bruce and Adrian.

Powerslave

10/10 - Aces High --- perfect opener.
8.5/10 - 2 Minutes --- energetic sing along.
8/10 - Losfer Words --- Bruce goes on vacation, good guitar driven instrumental.
7.5/10 - Flash of the Blade --- i wonder how this song would sound in a live setting. perhaps, as energetic sing along.
8.5/10 - The Duellists --- i like very much instrumental section. tear dropping.
7/10 - Back in the Village --- same as Flash of the Blade, maybe little bit fillerish?
10/10 - Powerslave --- classic. solos mucho gusto! great album theme song.
10/10 - Rime of the Ancient Mariner --- great. great. great.

(my english is on the dark side)

Last edited:
Back