1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by fekso2017, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Gotta be Somewhere in Time for me. That album has been criminally underrepresented in their live sets since... well, always!

2. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

The only problem with SIT live is that they won't have that awesome guitar tone, and Janick will likely butcher some of Adrian's beautiful solos...

3. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Complete non-issue for me.

Janick f*cking rules.

Three guitar harmonies are a must for most SIT tracks anyways.

Brigantium, mikoza and TheTalisman like this.
  4. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

Don't get me wrong - I love Janick. Just not when he butchers Adrian's solos.

The guitar tone and reverb-y production are integral parts of SIT for me. I can overlook it for one song like wasted years in their current set, but if they're going to do the entire album, it would sound weird with their current dry tone.

Totally agree though that the album is always under represented, and the third guitarist would come in handy on any of those tunes.

5. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Not sure what you mean by "good" (recording quality or performance itself?) but apart from the obvious "Tailgunner" and "Bring..." (featured on A Real Live One and Live At Donington), "Holy Smoke", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Public Enema Number One", "The Assassin" and "Hooks in You" were released in official live versions as B-sides to the singles from Fear of the Dark and A Real Live One... so, if I'm not mistaken ALL the songs from the album that have ever been played live.

Start from this page and go forward in the singles chronology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity_(Iron_Maiden_song) ;)

This below is a good bootleg that comprises all the songs mentioned above (apart, surprisingly, from "Bring..."):

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    TheTalisman and Navigators Ghost like this.
  6. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

I have heard all of the SIT songs played by cover bands with other equipment and you are right, the sound sucks.... The only way to do it is to pull out some GK 250MLs.... Janick would need to handle rhythm sections and maybe the solo on ATG since Adrian is prone to forgetting it... :D

soundwave likes this.
  7. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

What video was released for the AMOLAD tour? I only have bootleg videos of this tour ;)

8. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Surely you have this one, clean enough for a bootleg I think:

9. Welsh Phantom

Yes thanks ;) I have that one, plus a Scottish gig (Glasgow from memory, that I find is the best one), plus one other I can't think of right now.

10. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

You never know, they had every reason to be sour by the end of the Cretaceous.

Black Bart likes this.
  11. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Dinosours sound like something fizzy with high sugar content, manufactured by Haribo.

12. I'd buy a bag of them

13. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

14. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

^ lots of carbs in those little things

15. Moribund

Moribund Prowler

By "good" I mean sound quality. The B-sides with live singles have terrible sound quality. The bootleg I have of the concert isn't much better sounding either. All of them sound like they were recorded on a Walkman then transferred to CD. I'd like to get something with some better sound quality, even if it's only up to Real Live/Real Dead One sound quality.

16. Moribund

Moribund Prowler

I was in a used record store about a year ago. I saw a used DVD that had a live recording of the AMOLAD tour. It had a black and white cover with a picture of Bruce front and center. I think it was called From the Vault: Live from Milan 2006. I assumed it was an official recording but it may have been a bootleg. I nearly bought it, but I decided to go look for a new copy of it on Amazon. When I returned to the record store the DVD was gone.

17. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

It's a bootleg, not an official release. Second-hand record stores sell those all the time.

18. Welsh Phantom

Good job you didn't buy it. Definitely a bootleg. I am sure you would be able to find it online somewhere ;)