Iced Earth

On second and third show of the tour they added Pure Evil to the setlist. No songs removed so far.

:okok:

Footage!

Stu sounds awful on "Jeckyl and Hyde", that's a letdown. Don't know what the middle song is. "I Died for You" sounds decent.

Never liked "Red Baron" on the record, but it sounds cool here. Stu's high is awesome. "Blessed Are You" is also flat in the chorus. He seems to have trouble with the non-falsetto tenor range. As far as the energy, maybe it's the camera angle, but everyone seems really dead (especially Stu). New drummer and guitarist sound pretty great.

Yikes. The band sounds good but Stu sounds worse than ever. At least on the Dystopia tour he sounded decent at first and slowly started to decline. Can't imagine how bad he's going to sound when this tour ends. Wouldn't be surprised if Plagues becomes his last album with IE.
He doesn't sound too bad on the ballads though.
Also, the last song in the first video is Dark Saga, not I Died For You. The middle sound like Among the Living Dead but I'm not sure.

Yea same here, especially on that album.
I thought it was I Died For You too until I realized the chorus was missing :p

On Dystopia tour Stu struggled with "normal" singing, but nailed the screams. On Plagues tour he nails all the normal singing, but butchers the screaming. o_O

If there is a next tour for him :P

I still like him more than Ripper though. He might've just caught a cold, in some videos from November his screams are just fine.

So far no changes to the setlist. Same 18 songs + Pure Evil on 2 occassions. I just hope they don't start dropping songs.

"I want to take people on a journey with my *COUGH* AMERICA *COUGH* songs."

"I produced this whole album by myself *COUGH* WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANY ANTI-AMERICAN FASCISTS *COUGH* in Germany."

"My usual producer is like family but *COUGH* SOMETIMES FAMILY HAS TO DIE WHEN THEY BECOME TRAITORS TO FREEDOM *COUGH* he was unavailable."

I read in another interview that they recorded it in Berlin. Seems to be a popular place for metal artists these days. Actually, the guy I saw at the train station once whom I took to be a crazy Motörhead fan may actually have been Lemmy himself.

I know that Germany has always been a popular place for British artists to record, but I don't know about Americans. Berlin is generally a cheap city by western European standards, maybe that plays a role.

Back