Iced Earth

I admit that
Disciples is an interesting pick and I always like Vengeance is Mine (and Dark Saga isn't bad either) but for the rest I don't like the old ones at all. Nothing from Burnt Offerings, nothing from Stormrider. And from the other albums soft songs.

Just downloaded the album last night, quite liking it so far, although nothing really jumps out as outstanding.

I don't know why, but I just listened to a few snippets, then lost interest after about a minute and now put on Anthem from Dystopia instead. Don't know what's up.

I admit that
Disciples is an interesting pick and I always like Vengeance is Mine (and Dark Saga isn't bad either) but for the rest I don't like the old ones at all. Nothing from Burnt Offerings, nothing from Stormrider. And from the other albums soft songs.
]Yea, I like that they're focusing on the new album but the selection of older songs is somewhat disappointing. Love Horror Show but they could do better than Jekyll and Hyde. Same with Red Baron/Blue Max.

I'm just glad something from Horror Show made the cut.
Normally I would be too but given that last tour we got Damien, Jekyll & Hyde is a disappointment. I would've been fine with pretty much any other song on that album (besides Ghost of Freedom :puke:).

I don't know why, but I just listened to a few snippets, then lost interest after about a minute and now put on Anthem from Dystopia instead. Don't know what's up.
Not much of an improvement. :p

Normally I would be too but given that last tour we got Damien, Jekyll & Hyde is a disappointment. I would've been fine with pretty much any other song on that album (besides Ghost of Freedom :puke:).

It's definitely a step down from Damien, but I couldn't imagine that with Stu anyway. It was balls with Ripper.

I saw Damien live in 2012, it was one of the highlights of the show. I can't quite remember what Stu sounded like but it was probably a cheap Barlow impression.

I saw it at least five times live with Barlow at some incredible shows, nothing else will ever compare, I don't think. The awesomeness of those performances has ruined it for me.

Well unfortunately I never got to see them with Barlow. That whole 2012 concert might've been a disappointment had I seen them before with him, but for a first IE show it was pretty great. Much better setlist than this new one too.

I've seen Iced Earth in 2009 with Barlow, and despite it only lasted an hour, it was one of the greatest live experiences ever. I could go and see them with Block, but I really don't know if I want to.

Probably not necessary if you've seen them with Barlow, but worth it if you like the setlist I think. I already decided to skip this tour in favor of Dream Theater, but to be honest if that wasn't the case this setlist would be a definite deal breaker for me.

For those who didn't notice, Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian singer) does the screams after choruses in Among The Living Dead :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to perform The Phantom Opera Ghost on the USA tour. They'll have a female singer available, and few months ago Stu said he'd like to sing it live.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to perform The Phantom Opera Ghost on the USA tour. They'll have a female singer available, and few months ago Stu said he'd like to sing it live.

That would be a great idea! I love that song, and would love to hear Floor sing it. That would be worth the ticket price alone, honestly, and make me excited about seeing IE.

Back