Iced Earth

Friends,
We are proud to present you with the new cover art for “Plagues of Babylon”.
This is a seriously heavy album with a seriously brutal album cover. I’m sure it will go down as a classic in the epic ICED EARTH catalog.

Tracklist:
1. Plagues of Babylon
2. Democide
3. The Culling
4. Among The Living Dead
5. Resistance
6. The End?
7. If I Could See You
8. Cthulhu
9. Peacemaker
10. Parasite
11. Spirit Of The Times
12. Highwayman

I hope you enjoy this preview! Much more exciting news coming very soon!
In Metal,
Jon Schaffer
Cover painted by Eliran Kantor

601562_574424525952511_1389536637_n.jpg

I bet 'If I Could See You' is "one of those fucked up Iced Earth love songs".

Quiet arpeggios followed by a heavy, but plodding chorus using the distorted chords from the previous arpeggios, repeat verse and chorus, one measure mid-range guitar lead, and a triple chorus repeat at the end with some high falsetto wailing in the background? I could almost bet my life on it.

I won't be able to see Iced Earth this year as their Glasgow show supporting Volbeat has sold out. :( It would have been cool to see them three years running (November '11, Birmingham - August '12, Glasgow - ...) and I usually always have gigs in the middle of October. In fact, last year I did actually go to a gig on October 17th which is the date of this year's Glasgow show. I've already seen them three times so it's not a disaster but I would have liked to have seen them play new material.

We all know that Jon will just fire everyone because they're not "politically aware" enough and start anew.

Quiet arpeggios followed by a heavy, but plodding chorus using the distorted chords from the previous arpeggios, repeat verse and chorus, one measure mid-range guitar lead, and a triple chorus repeat at the end with some high falsetto wailing in the background? I could almost bet my life on it.

Don't forget to mention that the arpeggiated into will only be played once before the vocals start; none of that repeating crap.

Gah, I have a headache just thinking about whatever stupid ballads they put on this album. Those were cool in the 90's but it's so formulaic.

Back