I Won A Bunch of Maiden Vinyl

Apologies for the ego-stroking, but I felt like posting this here. I won the first seven albums, Live After Death, and The Book of Souls on vinyl and a 900 dollar turntable fairly recently in a competition. Really happy with it. Has anyone else ever won any Maiden-related items? If not, what's your favourite Maiden stuff in your collection?

Apologies for the ego-stroking, but I felt like posting this here. I won the first seven albums, Live After Death, and The Book of Souls on vinyl and a 900 dollar turntable fairly recently in a competition. Really happy with it. Has anyone else ever won any Maiden-related items? If not, what's your favourite Maiden stuff in your collection?

Wow, great prize!

My favourite Maiden-related win was a Fear of the Dark press pack; interview on VHS tape and a copy of the album, stored in a glow-in-the-dark box. Won it through a magazine competition.

Favourite items in my collection are wrist sweatbands - I have two Steves and one Dave, all caught by myself at gigs.

Wow, great prize!

My favourite Maiden-related win was a Fear of the Dark press pack; interview on VHS tape and a copy of the album, stored in a glow-in-the-dark box. Won it through a magazine competition.

Favourite items in my collection are wrist sweatbands - I have two Steves and one Dave, all caught by myself at gigs.

That's pretty cool, would love to see Maiden live.

I have all the 80's vinyls, all but one being originals, as well as The X Factor on picture vinyl. Took me a long time to finally get them so I am proud of my collection. I even have Maiden Japan which my girlfriend got me from a local flea market. Still blown away by how good of a find that was! I also have the original CD's of Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son which I think is neat. They also happen to be my 3 favourite Maiden albums so it is a nice coincidence :)

Nothing fancy. I have all the original CD's. + All the original Castle double albums (when they started re-relasing their stuff with the b-sides on an extra bonus CD, this was before the Enhanced Remasters) + All of the First Ten Years, + the original VHS videos.. The stuff I value the most though is the original 80s merchandise that was passed on to me from a cousin who was into Maiden big time when I was just a kid :p An original Live After Death scarf. Original Killers mirror. Original 80s posters etc. They're not worth much I suppose..., but it's sentimental value ;)

I have all the 80's vinyls, all but one being originals, as well as The X Factor on picture vinyl. Took me a long time to finally get them so I am proud of my collection. I even have Maiden Japan which my girlfriend got me from a local flea market. Still blown away by how good of a find that was! I also have the original CD's of Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son which I think is neat. They also happen to be my 3 favourite Maiden albums so it is a nice coincidence :)

Maybe you already know but your X-Factor pic disc is a bootleg. It was only available officially on clear vinyl. I have the LP, bought it new for 20 pounds. It now goes for £100+ on ebay. Crazy. Same with VXI.

I've got all the albums on vinyl, original presses. Also every official pic disc they ever released, box sets etc. Keep it all in a case under the bed and never look at any of it, yet I can't bring myself to part with it!

My favourite item is my Access All Areas pass from the Final Frontier tour given to me by Nicko in London. Brings back happy memories of a crazy couple of days whenever I look at it.

Wow, great prize!

Press pack sounds a really sweet item! That'll be worth a heap I would imagine.

I've got a couple of sweatbands too, Dave and Blaze's from Glasgow 1998. Also a Nicko drumstick.

I'm jealous.

I have all Maiden studio albums on CD and that's it. (No really, that's it, nothing other than Maiden) Can't afford to expand it.

Maybe you already know but your X-Factor pic disc is a bootleg. It was only available officially on clear vinyl. I have the LP, bought it new for 20 pounds. It now goes for £100+ on ebay. Crazy. Same with VXI.

I've got all the albums on vinyl, original presses. Also every official pic disc they ever released, box sets etc. Keep it all in a case under the bed and never look at any of it, yet I can't bring myself to part with it!

My favourite item is my Access All Areas pass from the Final Frontier tour given to me by Nicko in London. Brings back happy memories of a crazy couple of days whenever I look at it.
I didn't know that. Interesting and good to know. Thanks!

Not a free win exactly, but I got original Yugoslavian pressings of the first eight albums plus LAD from a guy who dealt in old vinyl for a ridiculous price. Like 20 € or something. Almost free when I think of it now. :D

You met Nicko? That's awesome. I always felt he picked up where John Bonham left off.

I'm jealous.

I have all Maiden studio albums on CD and that's it. (No really, that's it, nothing other than Maiden) Can't afford to expand it.

Yeah all my friends are saying their jealous too.

Great win! :ok:

Thanks.

You are very luck! I wish I could afford a Vinyl collection...

My collection is pretty poor... I have all the studio albums (the 98 remasters), I plan to buy the original presses on ebay, but I can't afford it right now. I have the Early Days dvd and the Rock In Rio 2001 dvd which comes with the Classic Albums documentary about TNOTB. And also the IM biography by Mick Wall, that's it.

MEGA congrats to you! I won tickets off the radio to see my first Maiden show back in 1992. I was just a little excited when that happened!

You are very luck! I wish I could afford a Vinyl collection...

My collection is pretty poor... I have all the studio albums (the 98 remasters), I plan to buy the original presses on ebay, but I can't afford it right now. I have the Early Days dvd and the Rock In Rio 2001 dvd which comes with the Classic Albums documentary about TNOTB. And also the IM biography by Mick Wall, that's it.

Be grateful for what you have.

MEGA congrats to you! I won tickets off the radio to see my first Maiden show back in 1992. I was just a little excited when that happened!

That's awesome dude.

An excellent win. Congratulations!

The only music-related prize I have ever won was a cassette called "Children's Partytime Favourites". Not quite on the same level.

LMAO, that's funny.

Congrats, that's an awesome price you won there!

I'm not a collector, I'm just happy to have all their regular releases on CD and DVD, studio, live and best of's, and the biography that came out in the 90's. Just missing Eddie's Archive, wish it was avaliable again :-/ I've had a couple of longsleeves and t shirts back in the day, one of them I actually won at some competition, but I gave them away I think.

Those who are most important to me are Seventh son of a seventh son CD (since it was the first album I got of Maiden) and the Ed Hunter game (since it was kinda unique that a band released a computer game back then).

What turntable was it?
I won a Death on the Road competition back in 2005, got a promo poster, the vinyl and cd plus a signed photo.
I must admit I have sold all but the vinyl.

Back