How many of you are actually musicians?

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Jul 1 2005, 06:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Jul 1 2005, 06:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm mainly a guitarist, but I can play several more instruments.
and remember kids....
...there's a big difference between a musician and a drummer!  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]110778[/snapback]​
[/quote]

fuck of mate.. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Guitarist.
I Play Lead & Rythm Guitar In A Heavy Metal Band.

My Current Main Influences are Dave Murray, Zakk Wylde & Yngwie J. Malmsteen, I have numerous influences and inspirations, But they differ in their affect on my playing from time to time, But I don't change my style, I just try to add to it.

Just for the record, Davey and the wyldeman have been influences pretty much since I started playin' electric, Yng came later on.

I can whistle fairly good [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I play guitar.
I'm also in a band.
I've been playing for 9 years.

ive been playing bass for almost 3.5 years and guitar for just over a year. i have a Peavey Fury IV bass and a Squier Strat guitar. used to play bass in a power/ melodic death metal band that had a lot of potential..but due to some of the band members' laziness all we got done was 1 complete song of our own, an intro to another one, and a few covers (mostly maiden). not one gig. we had no singer. else i would have also been backup singer too. luckily i still have the music with me [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

for bass, my influences are steve harris, geddy lee, billy sheehan, markus grosskopf, cliff burton, matt freeman, flea, and more...however i also do admire jaco pastorius, victor wooten, stu hamm, and les claypool

for guitar..well my only real influences on my playing style have been dave murray and adrian smith, but there are alot of other guitarists that i look up to including: alexi laiho, roope latvala, joe satriani, steve vai, yngwie malmsteen, janick gers, jani from sonata arctica, jesper stromblad, dave mustaine, marty friedman, etc.

I'm a guitarist, and I play bass and drums too, but the guitar is my real/first/favorite instrument.

Cheers

Drums. Main inspirations are Nicko and Clive (obviously [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ), Pete Sandoval, Thomen Stauch, Dave Lombardo and Mike Portnoy.

Im fun from Iron Maiden since 1984 and i play Guitar, Bass, Drums and some Keyboard and in all my music u can hear the spirit of maiden music [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+Jul 3 2005, 07:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ Jul 3 2005, 07:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]played drums since I was 8, taught myself to play guitar around age 14, and now play bass in my band, [a href=\'http://www.hprecords.dk/e107_plugins/custompages/immergeil3.php\' target=\'_blank\']Immergeil[/a] (Site is in Danish, but you'll be able to download the mp3s)
[snapback]110884[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Maybe you should do something with the background on the menu, or change the color of your text. Because dark color on dark color is not the best for us to see.
Cool song that In your Eyes, have'nt heard the other one yet. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jul 6 2005, 11:21 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jul 6 2005, 11:21 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Guitarist.
I Play Lead & Rythm Guitar In A Heavy Metal Band.

My Current Main Influences are Dave Murray, Zakk Wylde & Yngwie J. Malmsteen, I have numerous influences and inspirations, But they differ in their affect on my playing from time to time, But I don't change my style, I just try to add to it.

Just for the record, Davey and the wyldeman have been influences pretty much since I started playin' electric, Yng came later on.
[snapback]111160[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Do your band have a website?

i play guitar and i can also play bass im also learning piano/keyboards ive been playing guitar for about 3 and a half years and im self taught and yea rock on bitches

I play acoustic guitar, and I'm learning oud

I have develope my own style, write some hours of music
play some concerts

I don't consider myself a musician

Hi,

I'm also a musician. A drummer to be more precise.I've been playing for thirteen years now in a music academy, graduated there. I have to study 3 more years to become a drum teacher. :smartarse:
I'm also playing in a heavy-metal band called Krysaor. check out our website or myspace (myspace.com/krysaor) if you wanna hear me play.
up the irons! :ok:

Apparently this thread is 2 months old... and on the first page? THREAD NECRO JITSU  :ninja:

Depends what you mean by "musician". I'm certainly not proffesional and my music reading needs some work, but I've taken the effort to understand a fair amount of the theoretical stuff.

Back