How many of you are actually musicians?

I'm a musician. I used to play guitar, but I've dropped that, because I lost interest. I do, however, play dual instruments. I play Tenor Saxophone and Bass Clarinet. I've made the odd attempt at throwing a little bit of them into some Maiden tracks, and I believe that the Bass Clarinet would go very well with some acoustic Maiden, though no friends are interested in starting an acoustic cover band. I play in a concert band, and a jazz band. Next summer I may join up in another Jazz band as well.

I'm an amateur guitarist in the process of forming a band called Skarekrow. So far we have a guitarist, a singer, and a drummer, trying to get a bassist and maybe a second guitarist. We're beginning to write our first album, a concept album called King of Spades. We have no real ambitions to make a career or anything serious out of it; just playing and writing songs for the fun of it.

I'm a drummer in 2 bands neither has a name i'm mostly still learning so I guess i'm not

Does a hobby musician without any musical education at all count as a musician?

(I have actually played in public and to a paying audience ... the first was playing keayboards on our ground school's show on May the 17th, Norway's Constitution Day, I was 10 years old. The latter was this spring, I played guitar in a "musical" performed by and for chemistry students at my university  :lol: )

I play guitar and keyboards daily, I also own a harmonica (I'm shit at it) and a recorder (from ground school) ... and I get a feeling that I have already written this somewhere on the forum ...

PS: Actually I had mentioned my instruments before, in a post in the poll thread about songs with only short words in their titles ...

I play guitar and bass and keyboards and drums. I am not in a band but have loads of "projects" (ideas under a fancy name, more like. Haha sometimes I believe I'm Trent Reznor  :huh:)

I suppose, technically speaking, i'm a classically trained pianist too. That was 10 years ago though so in reality I'm really not!  :ninja:

How many of you are actually musicians

The situation is now that my band are needing a vocalist
Were living in Sweden, in a pretty small town not a city, so its kind of hard to find what we are looking for. We have to look outside our town.

Do any of you guys have any tips to us how to find a vocalist?

We are really desperate to find one, so almost any way to find a vocalist are welcome

Singer, bassist. My occupation is as a audio engineer here in Manhattan. I graduated from the Berkley school of music in Boston. My roommate was non other than Mike Portnoy until he quit after less than 2 months. I haven't talked to him in years.

wsoul1 said:
Singer, bassist. My occupation is as a audio engineer here in Manhattan. I graduated from the Berkley school of music in Boston.
Very impressive!! Especially the Berkley part where the big fish comes from  :bigsmile:.

I'm setting out on a similar path next month. I want to be some sort of mixing engineer so I'm  goind to study audio production for 3 years now, possibly 4.

Yax said:
I'm setting out on a similar path next month. I want to be some sort of mixing engineer so I'm  goind to study audio production for 3 years now, possibly 4.

Best of luck to you!!!  It's a great job and comes with a lot of music related "perks", which is great for fans of music like us. If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to pm me.

wsoul1 said:
Singer, bassist. My occupation is as a audio engineer here in Manhattan. I graduated from the Berkley school of music in Boston. My roommate was non other than Mike Portnoy until he quit after less than 2 months. I haven't talked to him in years.

He dropped out of Berkley?

I play lead guitar in a band called Lunatic Fringe, been playing for 16 years, self taught and still learning new stuff all the time

No, they already had the name when i joined last October but i believe it came from a comment made about the singers hair, we're thinking of changing it but we aren't having much luck in finding a new one so far, maybe i should start a thread on here to get people to come up with some suggestions

Back