History of Iron Maiden Part 4...

Slashbag

Prowler
Hi All,

I've scoured the net to try and find any info on this, but anyone know if/when Maiden will release the "history of" part 4?? I love the first 3 and would love to see them do the next chapters...

Thanks

Ahh that's a bummer :(

Would have been great to hear about Adrian leaving, Janick joining etc etc

Thanks for the info tho

Maiden didn't stop after Donington! The history package should go on in my opinion. The Blaze years weren't so popular but I'm sure most people would like to see what was going on with the band and what led up to the return of Bruce and the messiah.....(officially at least)
Would be good to hear what Rods opinion is of this era so many years later.

Logically, I would think they would do Donington (cover up to Bruce leaving) then maybe a Rock in Rio re-release (I would think they could do Blu Ray this time around and cover Blaze/Bruce return), and at some point a final one covering DoD to the end.

Assuming they do more. It seems like they want to work tours around these, I doubt we will get a 90s tour, so maybe the next one just skips to BNW era and the doc covers 7th Son up to Rock in Rio

A blu ray of RIR would be great but so would be some pro shot Blaze era stuff. They can't skip the fact that Blaze kept maiden alive when Bruce took his holiday!!..... And there also is some amazing pieces of music from this period.
I hope they do the right thing and document as much as they can so us greedy folk can immerse ourselves in all things maiden, past or present.

I don't think they can skip it, but I do not think they will feature it ... they want to sell these things ... regardless of whatever quality people may ascribe to the Blaze period of the band, the market for that stuff is really limited .. even in the Maiden fan base.

If time was on everyone's side I'm sure there would be a tour with a few X factor/v11 songs in it. With regards to a history DVD then surely this is for Maiden fans and not released with the intent of capturing new fans therefore all aspects of the band should be included.
It should document all era's not just the popular ones IMO.

If time was on everyone's side I'm sure there would be a tour with a few X factor/v11 songs in it. With regards to a history DVD then surely this is for Maiden fans and not released with the intent of capturing new fans therefore all aspects of the band should be included.
It should document all era's not just the popular ones IMO.

If they continue with these DVDs, I am sure they will cover the Blaze albums ... the did the Dianno albums. But it will probably be a smaller part of a larger documentary focusing on Bruce leaving and/or returning.

If it were up to me, there would be a 2 hour doc covering each album, but that is not how they have been doing them

While I do remember them saying somewhere they're done with the history tours, the History documentaries seem pretty well slated to continue. The last doc that came with Maiden England ended on a cliffhanger remember, with Adrian saying something along the lines of "a week later I was out of the band."

But yep, I'm most eager for the Blaze era doc, just to see if they do anything to clear the air on that era a bit (though I doubt they'll stray too far from the official story). I'd almost expect that part of the doc to come with the Donington '92 release, and then two docs on the reunion (the first one packaged with the Early Days Tour DVD, the second with Donington '07, perhaps). Just a guess on all that, though.

I think there will be a rerelease of Donington in 92 with history part 4, but no tour.

I think there will be a rerelease of Donington in 92 with history part 4, but no tour.

I agree--maybe a slight change in the setlist for the second half of the new album tour to highlight the era and re-release of Donington '92 (which would be a change of maybe 2-3 songs), but yep, I don't see them changing their minds on doing a history tour of that era. Fans were nostalgic and new fans hadn't seen Maiden in their heyday of '83-'88, but I don't think there are too many who are too nostalgic for tours of NPFTD/FotD/TXF/VXI. I'd have thought it would've been interesting, and wouldn't mind hearing Bruce take on some more Blaze stuff, but he kind of has already hit all the highlights of those two albums. Probably unnecessary, and I'm sure Bruce couldn't be less interested in doing those songs again.

I'd never expect a tour with many Blaze songs. We're lucky if we ever get any again. But if they have footage from those tours, a DVD would be great.

I'd never expect a tour with many Blaze songs. We're lucky if we ever get any again. But if they have footage from those tours, a DVD would be great.
I'd get DVDs from those tours for sure. I'm sure they at least have professionally recorded tapes from those tours (they've used live tracks from the 1995 Gothenburg show as B-sides/Best of the Beast, for example, so that would be a good candidate), so they could whip up live albums from at those tours if they wanted to. Unfortunately it seems they've really moved on, and maybe even distanced themselves from the Blaze era, so it seems unlikely they'd have any releases to commemorate those tours. I'd love it, though. As up and down as Blaze was quality-wise on those tours, it would at least be something different from the same old, same old we've gotten for the last dozen live albums.

I would like history part 4 covering No Prayer through Virtual XI and after Maiden retire, part 5 covering from when Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band and the years that followed.
There is pro recorded footage from the X Factor Tour. It's the infamous show where Blaze gets spitted on and gets pissed:

And here's pro footage from 1998:

Back