History of Iron Maiden Part 4...

There’s no way a part 4 is ever happening, at least not one that covers the 90’s. The logical choice after the book of souls tour would have been to do a part 4 history tour but instead they chose to theme a tour on a mobile phone game. That tells you all you need to know.

One day when the band have called it quits we might get a documentary that does talk about the 90’s but while the band is active it ain’t gonna happen.

Think about it, the band are happy and everything’s goings well. Why release a documentary that rakes up old wounds like why Adrian left, why Bruce left, the sacking of blaze and the overall drop in popularity during the blaze years. Even if they did do a part 4 documentary it would be so watered down and neutered to avoid pissing anyone off it would hardly be worth it.

The end of the History Part 3 says: to be continued.... so maybe a History Part 4 would be released or streamed in their YouTube channel for free !

Nah, won’t ever happen at least while the band are active. They would t want to drag up all the animosity that was there when Bruce left or cast a bad light on he end of the blaze years.

Maybe when the band is finished and over we might get a documentary that covers the 90’s but don’t count on it for a while.

It's hard to believe that they would make a documentary about 90's, I doubt that Bruce and Steve would want to ressurect some animosity between them, which was definitely present in those years. I mean, Bruce praised NPFTD when it was published, but I heard there is an interview from his solo period where he told that "demos of Dream Theater were better than NPFTD record"... Don't know if that's true, I heard about it, hadn't actually read it.
Also, Steve had some personal issues during the 90's, and Maiden definitely aren't the kind of band that would make some Jerry Springer show type of documentary.

I'm just saying that when he was out of the band he didn't need to be polite, he expressed his real thoughts. But, do you believe he would stick to it in some documentary now, when he's back in the band?

Maybe... After all, in Part 3 his opinnion about SiT was just that his ideas weren't accepted, and that he was exausted from World Slavery tour. And it's no big secret that he is not the fan of that album at all.

Perhaps not, but in his book Bruce alluded to a low opinion of 'No Prayer for the Dying' and 'Fear of the Dark'.

Indeed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has also stated that he was just as much into "let's record this in Steve's barn" thing as the others. Naturally, he's been critical towards it afterwards. But from what I've understood, Bruce was pretty excited about doing more straightforward "off the streets" record. It just didn't turn out quite as well as he intended, but he was 100% into it, I suppose. His writing credits also suggest that. He was also in very good mood during the whole NPFTD era and his live performances were great too, but that's a different story of course. But yeah, he has admitted that things didn't turn out too well back then. Especially with FoTD, which he felt was the first record they were looking back and also trying to appeal to a lot of people.

It won’t happen but I really want an awesome part four covering the whole 90s.

Adrian’s departure.

It’s been 25 years since Bruce left. Talk about that.

It’s been 20 years since the blaze era and there isn’t bad blood. Blaze is always positive about current maiden and his time in maiden.

They could only touch upon potentially hurtful things (like blaze struggling live) and concentrate on the us vs them struggle as maiden had to go against grunge and the media backlash when blaze was in the band. Plus Steve and Jan think X Factor is great.

Then after VXi, blazes departure and Bruce’s triumphant return.

Plus the concerts should be, something from no prayer and or fear of the dark.

They need to release a blaze show. His best performance was gothernburg 95 (YouTube it, even evil that men do was pretty good). Apparently they filmed this show and used the footage on the lord of the flies music video. I want to see it!

They can be selective though and hide blazes flaws; do the gothernburg 1995 Show with all the blaze tunes, plus ATSS, wrathchild, evil that men do but omit trooper etc. Then mix in a Virtual XI Show with just Vxi songs selected for the package.

Plus if there’s an ed Hunter concert that’d be magical.

Never gonna happen though

Nah, won’t ever happen at least while the band are active.
I thought the same but I'm still not ruling out (100%) that it could happen while they're active.

However difficult or sensitive, the 1990s were (and are!) highly interesting times. Surely at least worthwhile talking about compared to just success, success, success and success.

There's so much. The choices, the impact, the experience, the music. I wouldn't mind if a history part 4 would also delve into the outside Maiden careers.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I like a lot documentaries for a albums like the AMOLAD documentary - where every song is discussed by the band. More of these please ! Death On The Road documentary was good, but not the whole DOD album have been discussed. But a documentary about tours, albums and the band inside is always a good bonus for us, the loyal fans. :)

Last edited:
For as long as I can remember, Maiden's marketing/self promotion has been crafted carefully with bravado that borders on hyperbole. I can't see them doing a history retrospective that doesn't fit that narrative. Unless they somehow dramatically spin it "we thought it was time to give our US fans the unique experience of seeing us in a dive bar".

It sucks if there won’t be a fourth part of this series. The guys are proud of this period as well like all the other parts in Maiden history.

And I don’t see any problem why Steve, Bruce, Adrian and Blaze shoudn’t give their opinion about their departures. They are all professional musicians that have given thousands of interviews over the years, so why not on a official documentary about this period? Paul and Clove did fine on the first one I think..

Back