Historical Figures 20 Questions v2

Would this person, by common definition, be called a West Roman?

Time for you to put this to bed @SinisterMinisterX; you've got eight question left...

Alright, I'll give it a try...

Male, born in 395-999 AD, not a military leader
Religious leader
European but not "any kind of 'Roman' "

The dominant religion in that time was Roman Catholicism. If we're excluding the Middle East, I believe we're excluding most Jews also. The only other religion in Europe at the time was Muslim Spain (the Jews didn't become a major presence there until centuries later).

We're also presumably excluding the Muslims known for actually conquering that chunk of Spain, that being military and all. That leaves a list of extremely obscure Muslim religious scholars. I'm going to bet that's not where Cried went.

So, one of my assumptions must be wrong. Either there's a famous European Jew or pagan leader from that time I can't recall, or Roman Catholics must be allowed.

I guess I have to spend a question on this to be sure:

Is the person a Christian leader?

Alright, I'll give it a try...

Male, born in 395-999 AD, not a military leader
Religious leader
European but not "any kind of 'Roman' "
Indeed...
The dominant religion in that time was Roman Catholicism. If we're excluding the Middle East, I believe we're excluding most Jews also. The only other religion in Europe at the time was Muslim Spain (the Jews didn't become a major presence there until centuries later).

We're also presumably excluding the Muslims known for actually conquering that chunk of Spain, that being military and all. That leaves a list of extremely obscure Muslim religious scholars. I'm going to bet that's not where Cried went.
You're right, I didn't...
So, one of my assumptions must be wrong. Either there's a famous European Jew or pagan leader from that time I can't recall, or Roman Catholics must be allowed.
Yeh, you better allow them...
I guess I have to spend a question on this to be sure:

Is the person a Christian leader?
13. Yes SMX, he was a Christian leader...

Are there people dressed in green celebrating the day of his death by getting really, really pissed today?

Back