10. Hell On Earth
11. Alexander The Great
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--------------------------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Wasted Years

My bet is - they'll drop Senjutsu and Stratego.
5 from Senjutsu album:
WOTW
Days of Future Past
I want Lost In A Lost World, but they may play The Time Machine
The Parchment
Hell On Earth

Absolutely wetting myself over this announcement!

Very excited to finally hear more Sentjusto songs aired live which will help me appreciate the album more.

Biggest thrill is FINALLY getting to hear Sea Of Madness live! C'mon, if they fail to play this epic on this tour something is very wrong!

So excited. Absolutely adore SIT and it is regularly my go to album from the 80's.

Get in!

What I think is possible:

1. Days Of Future Past
2. Deja Vu
3. The Writing On The Wall
4. The Time Machine
5. The Trooper
6. The Parchement
7. Stranger In A Strange Land
8. Heaven Can Wait
9. The Clairvoyant
10. Hell On Earth
11. Alexander The Great
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--------------------------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. Fear Of The Dark
16. Wasted Years
I would love The Clairvoyant but I think it's more likely they just play 15 songs or bring 2 Minutes back. Otherwise I'm agree 100% with you.

I have a nervous Feeling that the Wacken Date will be the only one in Germany :/

Whilst it is true that AC/DC's setlists tend to feature many of the same classics, what you say is not completely right. I have seen them live 3 times (1996, 2000, and 2009) and got to hear them play stuff that was not usually featured in their setlists or had not been played live in ages, like 'Down Payment Blues', 'Girls Got Rhythm', 'Bad Boy Boogie' or 'Dog Eat Dog', or had even not been played live before the tour in question ('Get it Hot').

I suspected I would be shot down in flames for that cabaret comment.

giphy.gif
Right but all those songs are from their 1970s heyday. Of the songs that are regularly played in their setlist, only 2 are from post 1980 (and one of those is from 1981). How often do they pull out a song from post 2000, or even post 1991? How many AC/DC albums are there where no songs have ever been played live after the tour to promote the album?
Nothing from Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock or Bust, Fly on the Wall, Flick of the Switch or Blow Up Yor Video will *ever be played live again*.

Iron Maiden are simply not in the same category.
Unless and until any of Kiss, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Def Leppard, etc. etc. do a tour where they play almost purely material from post 2000, Iron Maiden are in a different league.

For crying out loud they just did a tour that included a ton of festivals where the setlist opened with 3 songs (20 minutes) of previously unplayed new material, 2 lengthy songs from their absolute low point in the 90s, a song they hadn't played since 1986 before this tour, a song from 2000, etc.
It was absolutely not a setlist for casual punters.
And now this tour that they have announced which has a retrospective element will have just as many songs from their most recent album.
They are quite simply just not that sort of band.

A lot of people saying CSiT is a bridge too far for the band because of how slow Aces High was this year. I don't think CSiT poses the same physical challenges as Aces High. It's not as fast (although it is longer).

EDIT: Am also finding it incredible that the people who think the band can't pull off CSiT think they will be able to do Deja Vu?!
Deja Vu wasn't played on the original tour to promote the album, and they never play songs that didn't feature on the original tour.

A lot of people sayin CSiT is a bridge too far for the band because of how slow Aces High was this year. I don't think CSiT poses the same physical challenges as Aces High. It's not as fast (although it is longer).

It poses a bigger challenge in drumming department. For sure.

BTW, made a topic.

I mean, I think Maiden England was their most cabaret tour ever but after that we got to see nice surprises on the tours following. On TBOS we had COTD and Powerslave and the original LOTB setlist was pretty varied and amazing.

A setlist prediction based on 5 from each of the featured albums and 5 classics to round out the set.

5 Senjutsu - I don't think they'll do Senjustsu again, they always talked about it being an opening song, doubt they want to repeat that.
Stratego
Writing on the Wall
Days of Future Past
Hell on Earth
The Parchment

5 SiT - Combination of the 2 they've played fairly recently, 1 that is hinted at in the video, 1 that we know is hugely requested, and 1 that Steve mentioned he'd like to play.
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait
Stranger in a Strange Land
Alexander the Great
Deja Vu

5 Classics - For better or worse I don't think we'll ever see a Maiden set without these 5 songs.
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Trooper
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
Number of the Beast

Comes to about 1 hour 40. Seems realistic imo.
Though would result in NOTHING from Powerslave. Likely first time that's happened for a while, unless they squeeze in 2MTM too.

Maybe he meant that they will not open the show with the first 3 songs from the album again. ''Senjutsu'' must stay.

Without the Padonga stage set and indicating that they'll open the show in a very different way than this year, it's quite hard to see where they'd play Senjutsu; sure, a lot of people felt that it isn't on a ideal spot as a opener in the first place, but assuming that the set will have a handful of longer, epic songs like Hell on Earth, possibly The Parchment and Alexander the Great, I'm rather skeptical about Senjutsu being included. It's simply hard to see where it would sit comfortably. Of course, I might be wrong.

Wouldn't be a first time with this particular topic... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back