Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai 5 - Cyborg 5

From SIT, I'd say WY, SIASL and HCW are there for sure. I'm also pretty sure about Alex. The 5th song? I'd say Sea Of Madness or Deja Vu.

Senjutsu?

TWOTW, DOFP and Hell On Earth probably. Then, I'd say The Time Machine and The Parchement.
Yeah Steve mentioned wanting to play Deja Vu, I reckon you're right on the first 3 for Senjutsu too, the other 2 slots are up for debate probably.

A wild guess, but what if "Samurai 5" and "Cyborgs 5" mean that they are going to play 5 songs from Senjutsu and 5 from SIT?
You can see this on the tour poster and in the tour ad video.

That's what I thought as well. It's obviously a sports reference but could be a hint as well. You don't simply add random flavor text to an announcement video, especially if it's used so prominently. 5 Senjutsu songs isn't that strange, but 5 SIT songs would be quite the surprise.

I'm really excited to see the new tour... I belive in 5 sogs from Senjutso, 5 from SIT and then the usual classics.

I think they will pley this ones, not in this order

-Senjutsu
-WOTW
-Days of Future Past
-Time Machine
-Hell on Earth

-Somewhere in Time
-Heaven can Wait
-Alexander the Great
-Stranger in a Strange Land
-Wasted Years

-Iron Maiden
-TNOTB
-Fear of the Dark
-The Trooper
-Hallowed be thy name

Playing CSIT would be a mistake, despite this being what it is IMO.
I agree since I pretty much doubt they'll pull it out properly. Perhaps finally we'll get a downtune. If so this tour would be a blessing with two things that are long overdue in Maiden concerts: downtune and ATG.

Samurai 5 - Cyborg 5

From SIT, I'd say WY, SIASL and HCW are there for sure. I'm also pretty sure about Alex. The 5th song? I'd say Sea Of Madness or Deja Vu.

Senjutsu?

TWOTW, DOFP and Hell On Earth probably. Then, I'd say The Time Machine and The Parchement.
Sea of Madness would be awesome… we would have two of the best Smith solos of all time in the same set.

The most obvious example of this sort of band is AC/DC. Their setlist hasn't changed since 1981. It's always the same classics + songs from whatever the new album is. Thunderstruck is the only post 1981 song that has made it into the regular setlist.

Whilst it is true that AC/DC's setlists tend to feature many of the same classics, what you say is not completely right. I have seen them live 3 times (1996, 2000, and 2009) and got to hear them play stuff that was not usually featured in their setlists or had not been played live in ages, like 'Down Payment Blues', 'Girls Got Rhythm', 'Bad Boy Boogie' or 'Dog Eat Dog', or had even not been played live before the tour in question ('Get it Hot').

I suspected I would be shot down in flames for that cabaret comment.

giphy.gif

Listening to Deja Vu and I actually think it would work as an opener (despite DOFP being the more obvious choice).

And this is the 5th song that I could see modern Maiden pulling off.

Whilst it is true that AC/DC's setlists tend to feature many of the same classics, what you say is not completely right. I have seen them live 3 times (1996, 2000, and 2009) and got to hear them play stuff that was not usually featured in their setlists or had not been played live in ages, like 'Down Payment Blues', 'Girls Got Rhythm', 'Bad Boy Boogie' or 'Dog Eat Dog', or had even not been played live before the tour in question ('Get it Hot').
The AC/DC setlists with Axl Rose were awesome too, brought back songs like Live Wire which hadn't been played in decades.

I'm really excited to see the new tour... I belive in 5 sogs from Senjutso, 5 from SIT and then the usual classics.

I think they will pley this ones, not in this order

-Senjutsu
-WOTW
-Days of Future Past
-Time Machine
-Hell on Earth

-Somewhere in Time
-Heaven can Wait
-Alexander the Great
-Stranger in a Strange Land
-Wasted Years

-Iron Maiden
-TNOTB
-Fear of the Dark
-The Trooper
-Hallowed be thy name
I think this will turn out to be pretty close to the mark.
I can't see what they would replace Senjutsu and/or WOTW with from that album.
I can't see them opening with anything other than Caught Somewhere in Time, apart from *maybe* DoFP. If they were to not play CSiT then I can't see what the 5th track would be apart from Sea of Madness and that seems less likely.
I think one of the classics will be 2M2M, for the Powerslave representation and also because of the ruined city at the top of the promo artwork.

Advancements in LED and battery technology mean Bruce can finally have the spaceman jacket he's dreamed of for 35+ years, he won't be able to resist
This jacket is an iconic moment for Bruce. I also think he won't be able to resist.
A wild guess, but what if "Samurai 5" and "Cyborgs 5" mean that they are going to play 5 songs from Senjutsu and 5 from SIT?
You can see this on the tour poster and in the tour ad video.
Cool logic.

SIASL, WY, ATG, SOM and CSIT (why not? Aces High was played as the last song in the set).

Hell On Earth, Parchment, DOFP, Time Machine, TWOTW (if they indeed drop Senjutsu and Stratego... maybe they will). I would be surprised if they don't play the title track. I hope for 6 songs from Senjutsu though.

The rest will be IM, Trooper (tour promo video), FOTD, TNOTB (it's 50/50)/2MTM (ruined city in the tour poster), HBTN and 1 or 2 deep cuts like OTGDY (Steve wants to play it and if they play ATG, why not).
Ooh, sounds also like the last three on Senjutsu could be played on this tour!
Only 2 of them, I'd say. Too many epics... if they play ATG, HBTN, CSIT, Senjutsu.

Senjutsu is now the first ever IM album not to be promoted with a dedicated tour. Having played at least 5 songs from it over 2 tours, I can't see them doing a dedicated tour for it in 2024/25, 3/4 years after it was released.

In recent tours they have been throwing us some serious curveballs and I think this will be no different. Something from Final Frontier would fit the space theme, it's the only album in the whole catalogue from which 0 tracks have been played on subsequent tours and they like to drop in something from 2000 onwards.
''Senjutsu, the first Maiden album without a dedicated tour'' - sad.

It would be so cool (and fitting) if they play a song form TFF album. I hope so.

Even though not being a fan of SIT album (and generally 80s), I feel happy for all the fans who have been waiting for this and to hear ATG live. Thanks to Maiden for listening to their fans. I think it will be the first time they will play songs which were not played during the relevant album tour.

The most obvious example of this sort of band is AC/DC. Their setlist hasn't changed since 1981. It's always the same classics + songs from whatever the new album is.
Hard disagree. The most obvious example is KISS. Haven't written a new album in decades and only tour the hits. AC/DC still write and perform new material.

Maiden are not in the category of cabaret acts. They fall strictly into the Legacy Act pigeon hole. A band with generations of fans who still write and perform new stuff but can also embark on legacy tours, celebrating classic albums. Having older fans with disposable income and looking to relive their youths definitely keeps the coffers full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back