Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who went there to confirm my theory of a recording night? :D

And it would make sense to release a Californian live recording in a way since that'd somehow fit into their retro-/best-of-concept. Would be a nice nod to Long Beach Arena 1985.

Last edited:
They didn't record it unfortunately.
I saw few videos and additional cameras did not show up.
Maybe audio only.
Anyway, this Aces High performance sounds unusual precise, but haven't checked for anything else from Anaheim yet. My experience from all the 37 Maiden gigs I saw between 1990 and 2022 is: A gig played with rather unusual precision and effort is always a strong hint for a live recording.

I'm seriously struggling with your insistence on this considering Kevin Shirley's song section tracker specifically had TWOTW (and Darkest Hour for that matter) marked for a Jan outro solo and nobody else.
Plus, Adrian said in an interview that it was Janick who played the outro on TWOTW. Funny, how some people insist to know better than Adrian and Kevin, the men who recorded, produced (Kevin); and co-wrote and played guitar (Adrian) on the song.

Oh Boy, Bruce still has it!
But of course. The scream is back! The tempo of the song is very good too.

I like Adrian's new version of his solo (although the original is perfect) - tapping and a bit of his solo in ''Road To Hell''.
Anyway, this Aces High performance sounds unusual precise, but haven't checked for anything else from Anaheim yet. My experience from all the 37 Maiden gigs I saw between 1990 and 2022 is: A gig played with rather unusual precision and effort is always a strong hint for a live recording.
I'm not sure, but I think they record every show since the early 2000's or since 1986.

Edit: Multiple nights in a row may suggest a recording.

Last edited:
Great version of the song this time! It feels like they paid attention on that one to what they're playing, they all seem right on it. This is normally what they do when recording the show for any later purpose like a live release. So maybe we'll get some Live In California this time.
Bruce seemed so much more lively and interacting with the crowd so much more last night too. Way more compared to other shows ive seen this tour. 100% possible we get an Anaheim live release. There was just something about it that seemed different lol

Well, I'm not certain.

I doubt they will do more shows than this year. Europe is pretty much confirmed. If they do USA and SA too, there is practically no room for Australia/Oceania.

Plus it seems that Bruce has given up on flying and would be banned anyway next year since he will be 65, so EF1 is out of equation I guess.
I'm not certain of Australia the reason it took 20 years to get back was because of the extraordinary costs involved. Add inflation to that its even more expensive to get there . maiden run on a real tight budget private jets just to do a few Aus shows won't be on the priority list. Ed force one made it possible for them to finally get back there

I also read booking venues in Aus is tough right now its stretching into 2024. So i can see them doing Europe/ south America/ North America and tagging on an Asian leg which they have done many times in the past and still skipped aus in the process

I would say audio 100% they love to release live albums anyway. Then probably use the video feed and release it like they did with the book of souls tour with no dvd/bluray.
If we do, lets hope they use the Run to the Hills audio from night 1:bigsmile:
The screw up in the first chorus last night was pretty funny, even the band was laughing about it! Although even I got completely turned around and I couldn't tell if Bruce started the chorus an entire bar early or if Adrian came in late with the backing vocals... probably the former;)

The screw up in the first chorus last night was pretty funny, even the band was laughing about it! Although even I got completely turned around and I couldn't tell if Bruce started the chorus an entire bar early or if Adrian came in late with the backing vocals... probably the former;)
Haha, shit, so much goes wrong here. Bruce messes up the verse, when the song gets going. But he is on time when the chorus starts, but Steve (?) isn't.

I'm not certain of Australia the reason it took 20 years to get back was because of the extraordinary costs involved. Add inflation to that its even more expensive to get there . maiden run on a real tight budget private jets just to do a few Aus shows won't be on the priority list. Ed force one made it possible for them to finally get back there

They could have done the same with Hawaii but as far as I know they didn't show up there since 1985...

Haha, shit, so much goes wrong here. Bruce messes up the verse, when the song gets going. But he is on time when the chorus starts, but Steve (?) isn't.

Even a fucking bra? This show really was some kind of an UNI party.

I don't know what it is with hills they keep screwing up aha. 1st night was perfect timing issues very noticeable last night so at least they have the option to make a perfect show using both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back