Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a clue, I don't made this..I think you know better than me but wandering around the net ,just I found this live bootleg @ Budokan (one of many versions). It's interesting and funny because It's a very similar to the clues, you know, in this period. You don't find something familiar...Opinions, what do you think about? Could be it like this, a Senjutsu Samurai Cyborg!! Cheeers!

Attachments

• iron-maiden-somewhere-on-tour-japan-lp-600.jpg
    iron-maiden-somewhere-on-tour-japan-lp-600.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
This is not a clue, I don't made this..I think you know better than me but wandering around the net ,just I found this live bootleg @ Budokan (one of many versions). It's interesting and funny because It's a very similar to the clues, you know, in this period. You don't find something familiar...Opinions, what do you think about? Could be it like this, a Senjutsu Samurai Cyborg!! Cheeers!
The Budokan show was at least partly filmed - see the First 10 Years documentary.

Another connection between SIT and Senjutsu... :p

View attachment 22157

Another? That sure is a connection of sorts and quite a funny one (I hope Nicko will take notes and actually appears wearing that...), but what actually are these connections?

Senjutsu and Somewhere in Time don't really share that much. Arguably, Brave New World ties much more directly to Somewhere in Time through the cover art and a couple of songs based on a sci-fi novels, which kind of can be seen as something you could associate with the aesthetical side of SiT - but that's about it. :p

Okay, yeah, The Time Machine. But I really don't see any extra connection between SiT & Senjutsu. You could pick pretty much any pair of albums and draw similar lines between them, really.

Another? That sure is a connection of sorts and quite a funny one (I hope Nicko will take notes and actually appears wearing that...), but what actually are these connections?

Senjutsu and Somewhere in Time don't really share that much. Arguably, Brave New World ties much more directly to Somewhere in Time through the cover art and a couple of songs based on a sci-fi novels, which kind of can be seen as something you could associate with the aesthetical side of SiT - but that's about it. :p

Okay, yeah, The Time Machine. But I really don't see any extra connection between SiT & Senjutsu. You could pick pretty much any pair of albums and draw similar lines between them, really.
No brave new world, no brave new world

It's as if SIT and Senjutsu were destined to have a joint tour. ;)

Great artwork. This is exactly how I want the Senjutsu tour poster or the cover of a future live album of it to look like (with more details, ofc).

SiT - Senjutsu connections (I'll start with the most obvious and progress to the least obvious)

The Time Machine - Somewhere in Time: I'd feel like Captain Obvious if I bloviated and explained the link here

The Parchment - Alexander the Great: Although I'm nearly convinced that TP concerns the life/times/end of Mithridates (the Poison King), TP could be seen as capturing a point in time in Alexander's life.

The Darkest Hour - Sea of Madness: We hear the waves of an ocean in the intro and outro of Darkest Hour. Our central character in TDH has sowed the wind and now he/she reaps the whirlwind - perhaps they're going slightly mad?

Lost in a Lost World - The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner -- maybe not a solid connection here, but when I think of one song title I often think of the other, and I've been playing them back to back a lot lately. Perhaps the paranoia/neuroticism displayed by our titular character i TLotLDR was brought on my his homeland being invaded and over-ran?

Days of Future Past - Deja Vu -- reliving things so to speak

Last edited:
It's as if SIT and Senjutsu were destined to have a joint tour. ;)

Great artwork. This is exactly how I want the Senjutsu tour poster or the cover of a future live album of it to look like (with more details, ofc).
Yes since the first rumors I have always imagined a connection between Samurai and Cyborg. Let's see if Maiden will share the same idea. LOTB tour is great but now I can't wait to find out more about the next one!!!

SiT - Senjutsu connections (I'll start with the most obvious and progress to the least obvious)

The Time Machine - Somewhere in Time: I'd feel like Captain Obvious if I bloviated and explained the link here

The Parchment - Alexander the Great: Although I'm nearly convinced that TP concerns the life/times/end of Mithridates (the Poison King), TP could be seen as capturing a point in time in Alexander's life.

The Darkest Hour - Sea of Madness: We hear the waves of an ocean in the intro and outro of Darkest Hour. Our central character in TDH has sowed the wind and now he/she reaps the whirlwind - perhaps they're going slightly mad?

Lost in a Lost World - The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner -- maybe not a solid connection here, but when I think of one song title I often think of the other, and I've been playing them back to back a lot lately. Perhaps the paranoia/neuroticism displayed by our titular character i TLotLDR was brought on my his homeland being invaded and over-ran?

Days of Future Passed - Deja Vu -- reliving things so to speak
I rather see Lost In A Lost World as a connection to Stranger In A Stranger Land, which could be more logical. ;)

Daniel hasn't posted yet, they usually do every 2-3 days.
Cause if we do then the SiT tour is a thing
I don't believe in a SIT themed tour next year. I wonder how many hints someone can come up with until the start of the album tour next year...

This connection is quite curious. SIT has more in common with Senjutsu than BNW. SIT also has a lot in common with TFF. I kind of agree with your last sentence, but I can't say that about Killers and Dance Of Death, for example.

The Time Machine, Lost In A Lost World, Days Of Future Past and Darkest Hour (cool connection with the waves & Sea Of Madness) are the ones, yes.

And to add more for fun:

The title track of both albums is the opener.
The last song in both albums is a Steve epic.
The lead single of both albums is written by Adrian.
The single cover of Wasted Years has a time machine on it.
Some of the songs start with sounds (Darkest Hour and Alexander The Great).
Adrian has a long solo in two of the singles (The Writing On The Wall and Stranger In A Strange Land).

Last edited:

The Time Machine and The Parchment - ATG I can kinda see. The other ones are reaching and don't really fit.

The Darkest Hour is about Churchill specifically, no room for interpretation. Just because we hear waves doesn't mean it's connected to Sea Of Madness. You could just as well mention other maritime/naval songs, like ROTAM, The Longest Day, The Talisman, etc.

If you want to connect Lost In A Lost World with any Maiden song, Run To The Hills is the one, since it's about the native tribes of America.

Days Of Future Past is about the movie and comic book character Constantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back