Hardest Maiden song to play?

@Pilgrim84, i've watched all Somewhere On Tour bootlegs worth watching, and i don't see Steve playing with three fingers anywhere.

Zare said:
@Pilgrim84, i've watched all Somewhere On Tour bootlegs worth watching, and i don't see Steve playing with three fingers anywhere.
Precisely. Steve never plays with three, just like he said in the video I linked.

Most maiden songs are fairly easy to play on the guitar, including el dorado which I nailed most of tonight while showing my new Marshall stack off to the drummer from my band but the hardest for me has to be the intro to back in the village, I can play it but just not at the same speed, which is pretty frustrating

Rikstewart said:
Most maiden songs are fairly easy to play on the guitar, including el dorado which I nailed most of tonight while showing my new Marshall stack off to the drummer from my band but the hardest for me has to be the intro to back in the village, I can play it but just not at the same speed, which is pretty frustrating
Minister of Murary, huh?

I go way back as the High Priest. Say, have you paid your church tax yet?  :p
I can give you my paypal info.  :smartarse:

It's funny when you play the riff of The Trooper and your friends go "Wow, how long have you been playing!?" (without sarcasm). :bigsmile: Easy to play, yet it sounds pretty amazing. Like most of Maiden's material.

The solo of Alexander the Great is pretty hard and most of Janick's solos are hard to follow without improvising. :p

I found that the best thing to do to replecate Janick's sound is to switch to your bridge pickup and hold the pick so that there's barely anything to pick with.
That way most of the notes come out either raspy or pinched harmonics, and then you go berserk :p

Yax said:
Minister of Murary, huh?

I go way back as the High Priest. Say, have you paid your church tax yet?  :p
I can give you my paypal info.  :smartarse:

The Holy Church Of Adrian Smith has never charged for membership. We encourage all believers to avoid second-rate copycat churches.

it doesnt matter how you play the song 2 fingers or 3. thats what got 2 hand tapping popular therefore giving us paschendale

2 vs 3 fingers on a bassist's right hand is not even remotely related to tapping.

Other noteworthy information... :smartarse:

The first person to record 2-handed tapping was Steve Hackett of Genesis in 1971. Eddie Van Halen has admitted to taking the idea from Hackett.

Hackett came up with tapping as a way to double some of Tony Bank's piano lines.

I wanna join.
I've been looking for some spiritual guide lately.

Show us that you're worthy.
Else we call H.
And then you'll have to show him that you're worthy.

Minister of Murray*. Forgive me, oh mighty for neglecting to spellcheck.

SinisterMinisterX said:
The Holy Church Of Adrian Smith has never charged for membership. We encourage all believers to avoid second-rate copycat churches.
No, you confiscate all of you members' possessions, "for the greater good and the community" instead.

Wait a minute. I bet Adrian Smith is the inventor of Communism. Say SMX, have you read your communist manifesto lately?  :ninja:

Unless you want another USSR on your hands, dedicate your life to the true Lord, Murray.  :uhm:

Back