Hardest Maiden song to play?

I Just can't play this one right.

4 years too late, I don't even know if this is your video, but here are some tips against it; if you have above average sized hands like the person on video, don't pivot around hypothenar, e.g. don't fix your palm on the bridge. Rather pivot it around pinky or ring finger. Anchor them on the body of the guitar. This will also allow you to switch pick posture on the fly and basically pick from any angle. In this case I think that POTO's "keep your distance" section is played by softly played arpeggios where you move the complete hand down and not do the centrifugal flicks motion (it really has an effect of how the note sounds, especially on distortion).

So few people like to play Caught Somewhere In Time! Nice, mate. Thats a good suggestion. Been a while, but I remember learning it painstakingly once upon a time. ;) Thats true! You can never go wrong with Powerslave.

CSiT is awesome to play. It requires a certain attention while doing that gallop. The root note is palm muted slightly less every 6 notes. Without that dynamic the groove is gone. The control also needs to be up to task because going from that tight palm mute/gallop to open chords could sound wonky. But apart from that the speed of the gallop is really not that high. The guitar is mid-level until the solos, the drums are high level, the bass is virtuoso level.

Powerslave's chorus is deceptively complicated. I'd go on a limb and say that properly playing it requires more rhythm guitar prowess than CSiT.

Those chord releases/strums are perfectly on time (each string), the slide back to root E is perfectly on time and the muted chug part is perfect on time. This song has a funky groove around it, once they go out of phrygian mode. Most of the clones/covers fail because they're unable to replicate and complement Nicko, play with him.

To answer the topic, the hardest Maiden song to play is Seventh Son 1988 live versions.

4 years too late, I don't even know if this is your video, but here are some tips against it; if you have above average sized hands like the person on video, don't pivot around hypothenar, e.g. don't fix your palm on the bridge. Rather pivot it around pinky or ring finger. Anchor them on the body of the guitar. This will also allow you to switch pick posture on the fly and basically pick from any angle. In this case I think that POTO's "keep your distance" section is played by softly played arpeggios where you move the complete hand down and not do the centrifugal flicks motion (it really has an effect of how the note sounds, especially on distortion).

CSiT is awesome to play. It requires a certain attention while doing that gallop. The root note is palm muted slightly less every 6 notes. Without that dynamic the groove is gone. The control also needs to be up to task because going from that tight palm mute/gallop to open chords could sound wonky. But apart from that the speed of the gallop is really not that high. The guitar is mid-level until the solos, the drums are high level, the bass is virtuoso level.

Powerslave's chorus is deceptively complicated. I'd go on a limb and say that properly playing it requires more rhythm guitar prowess than CSiT.

Those chord releases/strums are perfectly on time (each string), the slide back to root E is perfectly on time and the muted chug part is perfect on time. This song has a funky groove around it, once they go out of phrygian mode. Most of the clones/covers fail because they're unable to replicate and complement Nicko, play with him.

To answer the topic, the hardest Maiden song to play is Seventh Son 1988 live versions.
I agree Seventh Son one of the more difficult ones on guitar. Id add to that Loneliness, Phantom, the main riff of Back in the Village, I always find Journeyman to get the fell right on acoustic too.

Back