HammerFall

@Kalata

New live album in October, filmed in Ludwigsburg.

View attachment 12547

01. Never Forgive, Never Forget
02. One Against The World
03. Heeding The Call
04. The Way Of The Warrior
05. Any Means Necessary
06. Hallowed Be My Name
07. Blood Bound
08. Redemption
09. Hector's Hymn
10. Natural High
11. Second To One
12. Renegade Medley
13. Keep The Flame Burning
14. Dominion
15. The Dragon Lies Bleeding
16. Last Man Standing
17. Let The Hammer Fall
18. Hammer High
19. (We Make) Sweden Rock
20. Hearts On Fire

Will you be pre-ordering, Kal?

At last new DVD. :clap: The last one was in 2012 (Gates Of Dalhalla), and it was great. The setlist is not bad. Great cover.

What a setlist! I remember when I first heard Glory To The Brave, jawdroppingly good album. Their first 3 are classics.
Dominion brought back the sound of the early days, also a great album.

I remember the first 4 songs are really great....then again, it's been a long time since I listened to it.

Some of Joacim favorite live albums are:

Maiden - Live After Death (1985)..... (''Iron Maiden live is an experience and I always want to see them when they come'').
Priest - Unleashed In The East (1979)
Saxon - The Eagle Has Landed (1982)

Spotted some recognizable studio albums on the wall:

Maiden - Maiden Japan [EP] (1981)
Priest - Defenders Of The Faith (1984)
Saxon - Battering Ram (2015)
Def Leppard - Pyromania (1983)
Def Leppard - Slang (1996)
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (1970)

119733882_10157601647008027_548970164796162714_o.jpg

HammerFall will release a new album in 2022.

- they will go on tour with Helloween... (awesome United Forces tour).

Joacim: ''Helloween is probably the band that influenced me the most growing up and I am extremely psyched about touring together with the guys.''

Oscar: ''We are so ridiculously excited about this. Helloween were a great inspiration to us in forming HAMMERFALL in the first place.''

Andi: We are 'hammered' to have our friends from HammerFall with us on tour! Back in 2002 the band produced their album Crimson Thunder in my studio in Tenerife and we had a lot of fun back then. This mega- package is delivering the appropriate metal-spectacle to enter the stage with full power!''

hell-hammer.jpg

HammerFall will release a remixed version of their classic album Renegade (2000) with a new cover:

renegade 2.0.jpg

Fantastic cover... like the original one!

The new HammerFall album called Hammer Of Dawn will be released on February 25th, 2022.

Track list and album cover:

1.Brotherhood
Hammer Of Dawn
No Son Of Odin
Venerate Me
Reveries
Too Old To Die Young
Not Today
Live Free Or Die
State Of The W.I.L.D.
No Mercy

hammer of dawn.jpg

-> The first single is the title track:

Great melodic song with a memorable chorus. Good start. The album cover is great too (as always).

New single - ''Venerate Me'' (feat. King Diamond)

Very good song. It has the classic feel of the band. Riffs and melodies are always great, the chorus is again memorable.

Reactions: Yax
New single - ''Venerate Me'' (feat. King Diamond)

Very good song. It has the classic feel of the band. Riffs and melodies are always great, the chorus is again memorable.

Yeah, Hammerfall have finally delivered a really good track. I might even buy the record. I haven't really liked anything since "Unbent", so this is a nice development.

Another single - ''Brotherhood''

Again, a great song that has a classic feel. The instrumental section screams power metal! Love the chorus. The video and the setting are great too.

Joacim´s voice aged very well. Great riffs, tasty solo. I was a big HammerFall fan in the beginning of this millennium. Even had a large Renegade backpatch on my sleeveless denim jacket.:cool:

The new album is very good. It's better than the prevoius two albums, without a doubt. Most of the songs have the stamp of classic HammerFall and are filled with great and melodic choruses, something that was surprisingly missing in the recent albums. Production, harmonies, riffs and vocals are great too (as always). I am quite pleased.

My favorite songs are: ''Not Today'' (fantastic ballad), ''State Of The W.I.L.D.'' (instant classic), ''No Son Of Odin'', ''Too Old To Die Young'', ''Venerate Me'', ''Brotherhood'' and the title track.

This album gets better with every listen. @Yax, I think you will like it a lot.

The album contains 10 songs and I like 9 of them! That's great. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't listed ''No Mercy'' and ''Live Free Or Die'' in my post above - the former is a classic HammerFall with a big Accept vibe, while the latter is THE short rocker of the album with great verses, chorus and solos.
I don't like only the song ''Reveries'', because I'm not a fan of the chorus.

Another thing I'd like to highlight are the guitar solos in the album.

-> For me, this is one of the albums of the year.

Reactions: Yax
Yeah, I quick-skimmed last night, and it sounds promising. Will have to buy the record end of next month though, I'm far above my monthly quota - Think I've bought 6 records.

I listened to it on my walk. It's a good record, and I haven't been interested in Hammerfall since Unbent, so it is quite the praise. I like how they at least a few times like in No Mercy, riff with 4th intervals in the way they did in the early days, rather than chugging 5ths like they have ever since Stefan left. Preliminary rating is a 6/10-7/10.

and I haven't been interested in Hammerfall since Unbent,
What do you think about Threshold? This album has only one or two weak songs and is better than the album from 2005 imo. Underrated album.

For the albums after that, I think you should give another chance to No Sacrifice, No Victory and (r)Evolution. Great albums.

Back