HammerFall

This is going to be cheesey as fuck and will sound exactly like every other Hammerfall song.

See Wiz, they've prove you wrong. They always releases a very good singles.

Great riff (as always). Melodic song with a memorable chorus. Awesome verses and pre-chorus. Good (short) slow solo. The ''oh-oh'' part is cool, great powerful drums after that part too. The whole song is full of melodic harmonies - including the riff. I love melodic songs. Typical HammerFall song. -> 10/10.

HammerFall - Dominion [2019]

Track list:

1.Never Forgive, Never Forget
2.Dominion
3.Testify
4.One Against The World
5.(We Make) Sweden Rock
6.Second To One
7.Scars Of A Generation
8.Dead By Dawn
9.Battleworn
10.Bloodline
11.Chain Of Command
12.And Yet I Smile

The album cover:

View attachment 9226

This album cover is pure gold - one of their bests! And judging by the title, I assume that the last song will be a ballad.

Today they will resume their reBuilt To Tour (in Mexico in a festival called Domination Festival) 'till August 16, 2019 (the release date of the new album!). And from August 29, 2019 they will start their tour for the new album.

See the dates here: https://www.hammerfall.net/?navigation=tour ..... the first 6 dates are in Colombia!

Here is the full artwork for the album cover:

Attachments

• dfa.png
    dfa.png
    812.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
They have not. It's exactly what I expected: a generic Hammerfall anthem. It's bland and mediocre at best.
This is laughable. The Hammerfall formula is overused and tired.

They tried something a little bit different with Infected and it was not received well. Ok, you don't like the song, but for me it's the traditional strong anthemic single from them and I hope the album will be very good as a whole piece. I gave it a 10, but who knows, maybe it will be the worst song from the album. Let's wait. The only weak things in it are the expectable chorus and the short solo, but it's still great. And it seems that the fans already like it a lot.

And why a band have to change their style when they are known and liked for this style they had started. Of course there will be weak songs in the albums, like in every band - you cannot release a top-notch album start to finish every time. Imagine if AC/DC change their style - all of their songs sounds the same, but nobody can copy their style that so many fans love. Priest tried something different with Turbo and Nostradamus and fans were not happy. There are maybe more examples (Manowar...). HammerFall preserved their original sound and I will be happy if they continue in it for future albums. Besides, not every band can be like Maiden - maintain their traditional sound and continue to developing after 40 years - actually, only Maiden can do that.

This was the original cover for the album Infected [2011] done by the artist Samwise Didier (/also known for his Warcraft concept art pieces).

But they went on with this cover: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infected_(HammerFall_album) .... :facepalm:

And this is the only HammerFall album that do not have their talisman Hector on the cover!

Samwise Didier does their album covers since 2002 (without the ones for 2014 and 2016 albums - these two and the others before 2002 were done by the artist Andreas Marschall, who has done album covers for so many metal bands: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Andreas_Marschall/14002).
Dunno why they decided to release a album cover without Hector - strange decision! Imagine a album cover of Maiden without Eddie... :ahhh:

Attachments

• infected.png
    infected.png
    660.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
12.And Yet I Smile
8el5vRT.gif

They tried something a little bit different with Infected and it was not received well
'Infected' was a little bit different but hardly a great departure or anything experimental. It still sounded like a Hammerfall album. Since then they've just sold out and done what is expected of them and the spark has gone.
The only weak things in it are the expectable chorus and the short solo
If it has weak parts how can it be a perfect 10/10?
And why a band have to change their style when they are known and liked for this style they had started
I didn't say that Hammerfall should change, but it would be nice if they evolved and adapted. However I guess it's tough to do that when already boxed into a straightjacket of simple, formulaic songs. You mentioned AC/DC - they are also quite dull now. The classic songs are still great to hear but I don't have any need to explore their discography any further. Slayer and Motorhead are other bands who have done the same again and again until it became dull and uninspired.

If it has weak parts how can it be a perfect 10/10?

I judged after the first listen and the excitement was high, but it's a good song.... probably 8/10. I hope this to be the weakest song from the album.
I didn't say that Hammerfall should change, but it would be nice if they evolved and adapted.

The fans likes this style more than 20 years since the band started, so no need to change that. Almost every time when a band change their style the fans are not satisfied and complain, but they also complain when a band do not develop their style and plays the same thing forever - so you cannot please everybody. But there are also fans that likes whatever their favorite band produces. So, it's fair enough.

New song from HammerFall: ''One Against The World''

I must say this is a song in a very different style for them - it's almost thrash metal. Don't like it. The solo and the melodies are very good though.

I must say this is a song in a very different style for them - it's almost thrash metal.
It is also not a good song, and it's definitely not close to Thrash. :huh:

I watched Hammerfall's set at Graspop via the live stream a couple of weeks ago. It was an OK show but I got the feeling that nobody cared until they played 'Hearts on Fire' at the end. Joakim Cans said they'd go on a European Tour early next year. I might go to see them if it's convenient for me as they'll always be a lot of fun live in a small venue, but the new songs are increasing my apathy towards them more and more...

It is also not a good song, and it's definitely not close to Thrash. :huh:

This time I agree. It's not that good song. Unusual heavy song for the band - only some parts in it are good though, like the melodies (which reminds the melody in FOTD) and the solo.

Back