Guitarist Thread

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 7 2005, 09:27 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 7 2005, 09:27 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]HAHAHAHHAHAHAha...  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Shows how much you know...
Les Paul are so... It's like for every good les paul there are like a hundred lousy ones... You're lucky if you land on a good one, Especially with these new les pauls, They pretty much suck...

And the post itself is dumb dude, It's not an excuse, But we've been there before.
And squiers are NOT low quality strats...
They weren't even fender, They were a crappy company that fender bought somewhat 20 years ago and made their like... Like Gibson did with epiphone, Only epiphone were top quality, And gibson made them crap... Anyways squier are nice 'nuff for beginners but mostly they are pretty bad guitars and are not weak strats...
[snapback]107709[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Nobby, I get what you are saying, but now that fender has had ownership of squire for many years, the squire strat has basically turned into a lower quality fender strat. yes, good les pauls are hard to land, too.

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me that people get so critical of things. Especially when it comes to guitars and how people play the darn things.

99.999% of ones sound comes from their fingers, all the instrument is responsible for is the "timbre" of the sound. You should pick a guitar that is suitable to your playing style and your physical characterists. I personaly use Les Pauls because I like the neck radius and the weight of the guitar itself. However, when I play other guitars I still sound the same. It doesn't really matter whether i'm playing a $4000 dollar Les Paul, or $40 garage sale special.

Also, remember when you go to a guitar store and grab something off the shelf, those instruments are not "set up" to your playing needs. If you know something about setting up a guitar it can make or break the feel of the instrument. Most guitar lines are pretty consistent in quality. It's just a mater of setting your string height, intonation, and the type of strings you use. Instead of trying to impress everyone around you with 80,000 notes, play a few consitent power chords and listen to the tone of the guitar, feel how it resonates in your hands. Do some minor string bends and slides to feel the fret height. Doing these things will ensure that your getting something worth while.

Last but not least, when playing live or on a recording, always play what you do best. That's usually not a good time to try and execute a 32 note alternate picked arpeggio if you've never done it before. So for those doing covers of any tune, play it the best way you can, even if it means leaving out a note or putting something else in. Playing with athority and confidence will always sound better than a poorly played note for note duplicate. If I wanted to hear "perfect" playing of the song I'd stick the original song on.

Sorry for the rant, it just blows my mind that people get so overly crittical about this stuff. At the end of the day, if the song sounds good, I could careless what it was played on. In the imortal words of Frank Zappa, "just shut up and play your guitar". [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 7 2005, 05:45 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 7 2005, 05:45 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nobby, I get what you are saying, but now that fender has had ownership of squire for many years, the squire strat has basically turned  into a lower quality Fender Strat. yes, good Les Pauls are hard to land, too.
[snapback]107712[/snapback]​
[/quote]

There more then enough low quality strats by fender...
But nvm, I guess you're right.

The other guy, What rant? And who are you even reffering that to?

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 7 2005, 06:27 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 7 2005, 06:27 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]HAHAHAHHAHAHAha...  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Shows how much you know...
Les Paul are so... It's like for every good les paul there are like a hundred lousy ones... You're lucky if you land on a good one, Especially with these new les pauls, They pretty much suck...

And the post itself is dumb dude, It's not an excuse, But we've been there before.
And squiers are NOT low quality strats...
They weren't even fender, They were a crappy company that fender bought somewhat 20 years ago and made their like... Like Gibson did with epiphone, Only epiphone were top quality, And gibson made them crap... Anyways squier are nice 'nuff for beginners but mostly they are pretty bad guitars and are not weak strats...
[snapback]107709[/snapback]​
[/quote]

hey maybe if you knew how to play a fucking guitar you might know what the hell you're talking about. if les pauls suck then why the hell have they been around for over 50 years. the sound of rock n roll guitar always has been and always will be a les paul through a Marshall stack. bottom line is the strat and the les paul are both great guitars when put in the hands of people who know what to do with them

[!--QuoteBegin-slaughterwithiron+Jun 7 2005, 11:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slaughterwithiron @ Jun 7 2005, 11:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]hey maybe if you knew how to play a fucking guitar you might know what the hell you're talking about. if Les Pauls suck then why the hell have they been around for over 50 years. the sound of rock n roll guitar always has been and always will be a Les Paul through a Marshall stack. bottom line is the strat and the les paul are both great guitars when put in the hands of people who know what to do with them
[snapback]107749[/snapback]​
[/quote]

First of all, Calm down, If you can't express yourself without cursing, Don't.
We are all civilized here and don't need that kind of attitude.

Secondly, I can play guitar and I know what I'm talkin' about.
I didn't say Les Pauls are shitty guitars, I said they became hit or miss and have been for several years. Not every single Les Paul is the perfect axe, A good example is the latest line, They pretty much suck, But if you do get a good one, It's for life because a good Les Paul is as good as a guitar gets In My Opinion.

I myself own a Les Paul, Lucky for me, It's excellent and is one of the best axes I have ever wielded, And i've used many, Inlcuding other good Les Pauls.

It's true most of the sound comes from the guitar player, And I bet zakk wylde for example can make a squier sound badass, But bottom line is that he will admit it's not a very good axe, And the same goes for Les Pauls and so on.

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 7 2005, 10:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 7 2005, 10:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]First of all, Calm down, If you can't express yourself without cursing, Don't.
We are all civilized here and don't need that kind of attitude.

Secondly, I can play guitar and I know what I'm talkin' about.
I didn't say Les Pauls are shitty guitars, I said they became hit or miss and have been for several years. Not every single Les Paul is the perfect axe, A good example is the latest line, They pretty much suck, But if you do get a good one, It's for life because a good Les Paul is as good as a guitar gets In My Opinion.

I myself own a Les Paul, Lucky for me, It's excellent and is one of the best axes I have ever wielded, And i've used many, Inlcuding other good Les Pauls.

It's true most of the sound comes from the guitar player, And I bet zakk wylde for example can make a squier sound badass, But bottom line is that he will admit it's not a very good axe, And the same goes for Les Pauls and so on.
[snapback]107811[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I really think Nobby knows what he is talking about.

I have got :

1 Jackson USA flying V - violin brown see thru
1 Jackson flying V - black
1 Jackson - performer ( strat model )
1 Yamaha - that was my first one
1 Redwood acoustic guitar

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Maniac+Jun 10 2005, 02:38 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Maniac @ Jun 10 2005, 02:38 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have got :

1 Jackson USA flying V  - violin brown see thru
1 Jackson flying V - black
1 Jackson - performer ( strat model )
1 Yamaha - that was my first one
1 Redwood acoustic guitar
[snapback]108007[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Jackson's are cool. Randy Roads used them.

... And half of the other guitarists in the world... [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

H used jacksons [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 13 2005, 02:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 13 2005, 02:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]... And half of the other guitarists in the world...  [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

H used jacksons  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
[snapback]108441[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Jackson's are really popular.

Man you post for everything don't you? LoL...
Problem is with most jacksons around their clean is shite...
Same problem with other distortion guitars like ESP, Ibanez and so on...

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 13 2005, 08:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 13 2005, 08:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]... And half of the other guitarists in the world...  [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

H used jacksons  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
[snapback]108441[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Dave also used Jackson guitars, or at least one. On the No Prayer tour and Fear of the Dark tour.

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Jun 14 2005, 03:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Jun 14 2005, 03:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Dave also used Jackson guitars, or at least one. On the No Prayer tour and Fear of the Dark tour.
[snapback]108526[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes it was stated before [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
Tho he never used like superstrats like H, they were always exact replicas of strats, Right down to the headstocks.

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+Jun 13 2005, 11:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ Jun 13 2005, 11:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Man you post for everything don't you? LoL...
[snapback]108492[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Guess so... Hey look I'm posting!

Check this thread, some sweeeet guitars!

[a href=\'http://forum.dragonforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=8360\' target=\'_blank\']http://forum.dragonforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=8360[/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 20 2005, 05:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 20 2005, 05:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Check this thread, some sweeeet guitars!

[a href=\'http://forum.dragonforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=8360\' target=\'_blank\']http://forum.dragonforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=8360[/a]
[snapback]109302[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I can't see it, 7th Son. It looks like you have to have a username and a password to see it.

Damn, some awesome, awesome guitars on there. Sign up [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 21 2005, 01:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 21 2005, 01:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Damn, some awesome, awesome guitars on there. Sign up [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]109388[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Are you a member there?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 22 2005, 12:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 22 2005, 12:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Are you a member there?
[snapback]109459[/snapback]​
[/quote]
he obviously is, or else he would not be able to see the guitars there and then be able to tell us about how sweet they are... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-DeadlySinner+Jun 22 2005, 10:10 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DeadlySinner @ Jun 22 2005, 10:10 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]he obviously is, or else he would not be able to see the guitars there and then be able to tell us about how sweet they are... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]109490[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I feel stupid now. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back