Guitarist Thread

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 22 2005, 09:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I feel stupid now. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]109554[/snapback]​
[/quote]
well, we all have our stupid moments [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back to guitar discussion:
I just bought meself a brand new [a href=\'http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2316500000\' target=\'_blank\']Fender FM212R 100w amp![/a] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
how sweet is that?

Maiden Guitarist, This is boarder-line spammin', Seriously, Stop postin' every thing that goes thru your head... You're a cool dude and it's nice talkin' to you here, But come on...

[!--QuoteBegin-DeadlySinner+Jun 23 2005, 05:18 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DeadlySinner @ Jun 23 2005, 05:18 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]well, we all have our stupid moments  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back to guitar discussion:
I just bought meself a brand new [a href=\'http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2316500000\' target=\'_blank\']Fender FM212R 100w amp![/a] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
how sweet is that?
[snapback]109601[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I like it. I think my friend has one of those.

My neighbour thinks I'm a pain in the ass now [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

New here, just bought tics for Ozzfest. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Have a Les Paul sunburst, a Strat w/ humbucker in the bridge position, numerous amps. Martin acoustic. Paschendale is my fav song at the moment.

Hi folks! I'm looking to learn to play the electric bass but I don't own any yet. WOuld you guys know of any good tips/tricks to help me get started ocne i get one?

Practice alot [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-DeadlySinner+Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DeadlySinner @ Jun 23 2005, 09:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]My neighbour thinks I'm a pain in the ass now [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]109635[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Why? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Get a bass and amp you like, then practice,practice,practice [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Not too cheap, not too expensive [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Prolly easier said than done....but oh well, I got all summer...*wonders if he should get a life....naaah*

I've got a black and white fender strat and a les paul custom

[!--QuoteBegin-DeadlySinner+Jun 27 2005, 07:02 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DeadlySinner @ Jun 27 2005, 07:02 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Having another stupid moment again are we? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] because I am playing LOUD!  [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]110103[/snapback]​
[/quote]

How was I supposed to know that? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I own only 1 guitar, but a very special guitar [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Its an Ibanez Rg 470 modified... It has a Seymour Ducan SH6 in brigde position and a Dimarzio Paf Pro in neck position... a Floyd Rose tremolo... and that thing... You can play from blueas to Thrash Metal in this guitar, that's what I like, very versatile.

I've been studing guitar for 3.5 years and... well I think im a good guitar player...

As I start working i'll buy more guitars [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This Discussion Is A Spammer's Heaven...
My Neighbours... It's Like The B*tch Never Goes To Work But Always Must Rest At Noon AND I MUSN'T PLAY MY HELLRAISING MUSIC BETWEEN 14:00 AND 16:00!!!

I Would Respect Her If She Would Be Like This Really Hard Workin' Woman, But She Isn't, And The Only Reason I Don't Play LOUD Between Those Hours Because She Called The House Like Three Times Already, And Her Bitching Is Annoyin'...

I have 3 guitars:

Eko D-40 acoustic
J&D Stratocaster (which I will sell soon I hope)
Fender Stratocaster HSS Made in USA in '80, sunburst, with Kahler Spyder tremolo system & DiMarzio pickups.

I have few questions. I'm planning to buy an amp and distorsion pedal. Since i don't have too much money, I'd like to know which amp do you recommend using with this Fender (up to 30-40 Watts, transistor) and which dist. pedal you recommend too. I was thinking about getting either BOSS Metal Zone (MT-2) or DS-2....

Any thoughts?

thnx in forward

What do you prefer a strat or a les paul? I prefer a strat, but it has to be modified with floyd rose and have seymour duncan pickups.

I have a crappy guitar, whych my brother bought for himself a few years ago, for about 2mil lei (200 new lei, which is about 60 euros). THe only things i know about it is that it's a Lead Star guitar, and that the former owner (yes, it's secondhand) changed the griff for one made out of rosewood. Have any of you heard of Lead Star? I serarched the net through Google and Yahoo, but all i found are other ppl who have Lead Stars asking around on some other forums...

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Aug 18 2005, 03:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Aug 18 2005, 03:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have a crappy guitar, whych my brother bought for himself a few years ago, for about 2mil lei (200 new lei, which is about 60 euros). THe only things i know about it is that it's a Lead Star guitar, and that the former owner (yes, it's secondhand) changed the griff for one made out of rosewood. Have any of you heard of Lead Star? I serarched the net through Google and Yahoo, but all i found are other ppl who have Lead Stars asking around on some other forums...
[snapback]115819[/snapback]​
[/quote]
If I'm right, Lead Star is Slovenian Strat copy. My guitarist owns one, it's quite good guitar with quite good neck when it's in good shape. Very good for beginners to practice on, for me even better than Squire Strat. Bad side of this guitar is it's electronics (as every copys' bad side), especially if you play only on amp without some good distorsion pedal or processor (lacks sustain a lot). Since my guitarist has Boss ME-6 multieffect processor, he played on it, and guitar really kicks ass. Now he uses Aria Pro II guitar (I think it's XR series).

Have anyone sent their demo to Ozzy for audition the new guitarist?
If not send it here:

Ozzy Osbourne Guitar Player
P.O. Box 5249
Beverly Hills, CA 90209

I do not have a chance, but I think it's some good guitarists here

Back