Guitarist Thread

Not quite right yet... Sometimes it's out of beat, And you have to palm mute it a bit or else it's all over the place. The song was all right tho, But try playin' the intro with more feel and holding the notes more like davey does.

Now I got a question
Can you alternate pick? Cuz it kinda sound like you're only pickin' downstrokes...

About the pickups, It's not right cuz you state it like a fact (7th Death).
It's a personal matter, To each is own, I know plenty of people who would choose a single coil over a humbucker anytime anywhere, It's a matter of taste.
I personally like a fuller tone so I changed my neck single to a Hotrail and voila! Problem solved...

The thing is with LP's They're really hit or miss guitars...

I know downstrokes and upstrokes. I do it in this song, maybe my "studio recording",hehe. I plug my guitar to the amp and in to my computer, with a very bad sound card. Buying a new computer soon I hope.
I'll try the intro with more holding tones now. Thanks for your helping. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Apr 30 2005, 05:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Apr 30 2005, 05:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Discuss Anything About Guitar
Just want to know who plays guitar and what kind you use

I have 9 guitars
I use:
Yamaha Pacifica 112M
Yamaha Pacifica USA1 Custom Shop [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  Very Rare Guitar!
Ibanez Destroyer
Fender Mark Knophler Signature Stratocaster
Fender Iron Maiden Signature Stratocaster
Guild GAD-50 Acoustic
Martin D-16GT Acoustic
Alverez Acoustic
And For The Traveling Needs: Adamas Acoustic
[snapback]103280[/snapback]​
[/quote]
hey is anyone out there listening to linkin park? I am

[!--QuoteBegin-Lorrain Donnelly+May 28 2005, 10:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lorrain Donnelly @ May 28 2005, 10:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]hey is anyone out there listening to linkin park? I am
[snapback]105918[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Who listens to Linkin Park and is a maiden fan? No one.
Linkin Park is a terrible band.

[!--QuoteBegin-Lorrain Donnelly+May 28 2005, 04:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lorrain Donnelly @ May 28 2005, 04:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]hey is anyone out there listening to linkin park? I am
[snapback]105918[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree with Maiden Guitarist *waves to Maiden Guitarist*
Why would you put shit about you listening to rap-pop-rock-ish moon wankers in a thread about our guitars.

[!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Interesting thread, I've played guitar since '87. I've got a '91 Les Paul Premium Plus with EMG's in it, a Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul, a '91 Hamer Centura, '89 Chet Atkins SST, and a few other things. My amp is a Metaltronix M-1000 head run through a Marshal 2 x12 1936 cabinent.

For those that were having trouble with the gallop style playing, all I have to say is practice, practice, practice! Start out slow! If you have a metranome, or some form of click, start at a tempo of 100 bbm or so, and practice up and down strokes, just keep adding 10 beats per minute to the tempo till you reach a point where your killing yourself. "Stranger in a Strange Land" bass grove is a great riff to practice to get the gallop thing down. This is a good way to practice scales and hard runs too.

Also, those doing solos make sure to practice vibrato! Your vibrato is your fingerprint. 99.999% of your tone comes from your fingers! Use your ears when bending, make sure your bending the notes in tune.

As they say Up the Irons! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+May 28 2005, 09:38 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ May 28 2005, 09:38 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I know downstrokes and upstrokes. I do it in this song, maybe my "studio recording",hehe. I plug my guitar to the amp and in to my computer, with a very bad sound card. Buying a new computer soon I hope.
I'll try the intro with more holding tones now. Thanks for your helping. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]105910[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I don't mean to be mean when I say this, but the guitar solo in Run To The Hills hurt my ears. You may want to work on it a lot more.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Platinum that I nicknamed 'Leslie'. I run it through a Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal and to a Crate Acoustic CA611OD 60 watt vocal amp. It sounds better on this amp than it does on my other one (Zoom Fire 30 with a shitload of pre-sets).

Oh yeah, and I'm new to the forum. [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-vynylwash+May 29 2005, 05:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(vynylwash @ May 29 2005, 05:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have a Gibson Les Paul Platinum that I nicknamed 'Leslie'. I run it through a Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal and to a Crate Acoustic CA611OD 60 watt vocal amp. It sounds better on this amp than it does on my other one (Zoom Fire 30 with a shitload of pre-sets).

Oh yeah, and I'm new to the forum. [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]106223[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Welcome.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+May 30 2005, 01:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ May 30 2005, 01:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I don't mean to be mean when I say this, but the guitar solo in Run To The Hills hurt my ears. You may want to work on it a lot more.
[snapback]106222[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not just that, Cuz Note-wise is sounded close enough, It's his technique he has to work on, It's the same on the NotB recording they have there.

IB. You gotta work with a metronome on your technique

Yes I know, I'm playing guitar every day and practicing those solo things and be stronger in my fingers.

the other guys who played in my band does not play at all at home, only when we play together. I do not play in band anymore, because the bassist has moved. Me and him who practiced most, now its only me.

A guy called Hans Olav Solli are going to help me with vocals on songs, He sang with H in Psycho Motel->State of Mind album, thats cool. Lives in the same place as me [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+May 30 2005, 05:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ May 30 2005, 05:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yes I know, I'm playing guitar every day and practicing those solo things and be stronger in my fingers.

the other guys who played in my band does not play at all at home, only when we play together. I do not play in band anymore, because the bassist has moved. Me and him who practiced most, now its only me.

A guy called Hans Olav Solli are going to help me with vocals on songs, He sang with H in Psycho Motel->State of Mind album, thats cool. Lives in the same place as me [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]106335[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Cool. I'd like to hear your versions of Run To The Hills, but for some reason my browser is trying to say it is a broken link. Anyway, good luck with that singing guy.

Good luck with that man, Sounds really cool!!!

Anyways, Wish me luck people I got this show today, Like a talent show for all the school and me and my school group (Not my band) are doin' "No Prayer For The Dying"...

Don't ask why...

hehe.

i only have a shit ass squier strat. black w/ white pickguard. i play it frequently tho, have learned tons of maiden stuff on it. prob wont get another guitar for a while since i dont have the money. but i find that when i play my friends' better guitars, i shred pretty well. o btw i use GHS Boomers 10's and D'Addario 9's (combination). i kind of preferred the D'Addarios at first cuz they were light and easy to bend, but with practice you get used to the thicker strings and have no problem doing whatever with those. plus the Boomers have a heavier, thicker tone i think, so now im starting to like those. um i use 1.0 mm dunlop picks, and have a Crate 15W amp. yeah thats all i really have to say bout my guitar, o except for i use Monster cables but i dont really think that matters. k l8er.

[!--QuoteBegin-runningfree+May 30 2005, 11:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(runningfree @ May 30 2005, 11:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i only have a shit ass squier strat. black w/ white pickguard. i play it frequently tho, have learned tons of maiden stuff on it. prob wont get another guitar for a while since i dont have the money. but i find that when i play my friends' better guitars, i shred pretty well. o btw i use GHS Boomers 10's and D'Addario 9's (combination). i kind of preferred the D'Addarios at first cuz they were light and easy to bend, but with practice you get used to the thicker strings and have no problem doing whatever with those. plus the Boomers have a heavier, thicker tone i think, so now im starting to like those. um i use 1.0 mm dunlop picks, and have a Crate 15W amp. yeah thats all i really have to say bout my guitar, o except for i use Monster cables but i dont really think that matters. k l8er.
[snapback]106450[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Squiers aren't that bad, just a lower quality strat.

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+May 29 2005, 10:36 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ May 29 2005, 10:36 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Not just that, Cuz Note-wise is sounded close enough, It's his technique he has to work on, It's the same on the NotB recording they have there.

IB. You gotta work with a metronome on your technique
[snapback]106247[/snapback]​
[/quote]

close enough isn't perfect. for me everything has to be perfect. yeah, he needs to work on technique, though.

do anyone else have a website with their maiden songs and stuff in?
want to hear other versions of run to the hills etc.

I have done some calculations...I have not played guitar in two years like i said before. It's only a years and some months [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+May 16 2005, 10:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ May 16 2005, 10:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Can I ask you sumthin'? I'm happy for you and everything, And it's great that you got it, Congratz, But man, You've been playin' for two years, You have a vintage fender and an ibanez, and an epiphone SG, was the Les paul really neccesary at this point?!
[snapback]104725[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Its the American Dream were here to live Bro. When is a Les Paul not neccesary? Its american craftsmanship at its finest.

[!--QuoteBegin-slaughterwithiron+Jun 7 2005, 08:51 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(slaughterwithiron @ Jun 7 2005, 08:51 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Its the American Dream were here to live Bro. When is a Les Paul not neccesary? Its american craftsmanship at its finest.
[snapback]107650[/snapback]​
[/quote]

HAHAHAHHAHAHAha... [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Shows how much you know...
Les Paul are so... It's like for every good les paul there are like a hundred lousy ones... You're lucky if you land on a good one, Especially with these new les pauls, They pretty much suck...

And the post itself is dumb dude, It's not an excuse, But we've been there before.

And squiers are NOT low quality strats...
They weren't even fender, They were a crappy company that fender bought somewhat 20 years ago and made their like... Like Gibson did with epiphone, Only epiphone were top quality, And gibson made them crap... Anyways squier are nice 'nuff for beginners but mostly they are pretty bad guitars and are not weak strats...

Back