Guilty pleasures

Since Pet Shop Boys and now Culture Club have been mentioned, I always had a soft spot for this one

I don't know what that "solo" is supposed to mean, but I love it all the same :D

:devil:

admittedly, I always link the Madonna song with the At Close Range movie, who I thought it was a really weird and amazing one...

Despite me being a metalhead I do admit I love the uptempo pop/dance tunes of the 1980's and here's one of my all time top favorite guilty pleasures, the song is Afternoon Delights's "General Hospi-tale"

Looking trough my old last.fm playlist and this is what I could. I noticed other people listen on the forum, and they even have their own threads (like The Beatles) but they're not metal, so I don't know if they should be considered "guilty".

Anyway here's the list: Muse, The Beatles, Prodigy, Johnny Cash, U2, Robbie Williams (early albums) and I got hooked on those last few singles from Taylor Swift.

Most of those aren't considered guilty pleasures in these parts. Except maybe Robbie Williams.

No guilty pleasures there @Spambot . I just scrolled though the thread really quickly and there's some great music listed here really...Not so proud about my own two Sabrina videos on page nine though..but OK.

Looking trough my old last.fm playlist and this is what I could. I noticed other people listen on the forum, and they even have their own threads (like The Beatles) but they're not metal, so I don't know if they should be considered "guilty".

Anyway here's the list: Muse, The Beatles, Prodigy, Johnny Cash, U2, Robbie Williams (early albums) and I got hooked on those last few singles from Taylor Swift.

We have a Hiphop Thread, a Pop Thread, even an Electronic Music thread. There's really no metal elitism on this board (Which is the main reason I love posting here).

Those are all awesome...

@SixesAlltheway @The Flash @soundwave
Scrolling through the forum for some time I thought this wouldn't be considered guilty, but still decided to mention them since they don't fit in "classical" metal genre. Here's why:

I remember I got one of those first MP3 players last year in high school. They were only 128 MB big so I had to be picky about what I'm going to put on it. There was this guy in my class who was into heavier stuff (Burzum and simmilar), he was scrolling through my MP3 player and conversation went something like this:
- Maiden, OK, I've expected that... Motorhead, great, great... Beatles?
- Yeah.
- Okay... SOAD, that's good.... Who's "Vertigo"?
- Oh, that's new single from U2.
- What the fuck is wrong with you?

Anyway, I noticed then that some metal fans are completely oblivious about rock scene, let alone anything other. The same guy also coudn't recognize my Angus Young charachter (school cap, shorts, guitar) same year at the Helloween - he thought I was Oliver Twist and had no idea who Angus Young was.

@Brigantium
I like how you mentioned Robbie Williams, but not Taylor Swift.

And some people just blatantly hate U2 (present company included).

I remember I got one of those first MP3 players last year in high school. They were only 128 MB big so I had to be picky about what I'm going to put on it. There was this guy in my class who was into heavier stuff (Burzum and simmilar), he was scrolling through my MP3 player and conversation went something like this:
- Maiden, OK, I've expected that... Motorhead, great, great... Beatles?
- Yeah.
- Okay... SOAD, that's good.... Who's "Vertigo"?
- Oh, that's new single from U2.
- What the fuck is wrong with you?

Metal elitists. One of my biggest music related pet peeves. Single biggest reason I don't call myself a metalhead despite being a keen listener of heavy metal.

The funniest thing about metal snobs is that many of them don't realize the "soft" rock bands they love to shit on were very influential to the bands they listen to.

When I heard Pete Burns died, I said "I hope someone doesn't make a bad cover of a Dead or Alive song, because if they do, in his grave Pete Best is gonna spin right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round"

My dad thought it was hilarious.

When I heard Pete Burns died, I said "I hope someone doesn't make a bad cover of a Dead or Alive song, because if they do, in his grave Pete Best is gonna spin right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round"

My dad thought it was hilarious.
Spinning round in his grave with the bugs & the beatles more like... :innocent:

Back