Guilty pleasures

That's kind of how I feel. It's not anything musically impressive, but if you go into her music expecting fun simple pop, you'll be satisfied. She had fantastic writers/producers working for her.

Yep. Other than the teenaged male enjoyments of her music videos, I feel the same about her as I do the Backstreet Boys. Maybe not the sort of thing I listen to now, but when it comes on, I think of it fondly. Hell, it would be hard for me to pick slow songs for dance situations without including them. Love them or not, for my generation those are two iconic acts.

I have to admit that I like songs like Gimme More, Toxic, Slave 4 U but the too sweet pop stuff she did when she first started is not my thing.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a lot of love for Bertney. I'm a sucker for cute girls signing catchy pop songs, but I've never liked anything I've heard from Ms. Spears. (MAYBE the chorus from "Oops...," but the rest of the song is garbage, as is her voice.)

Loving the pro Britney on here. A lot of people would have just put her down because she is such an easy target for ridicule but not here. Just one more reason why Maiden fans are the best :)

Loving the pro Britney on here. A lot of people would have just put her down because she is such an easy target for ridicule but not here. Just one more reason why Maiden fans are the best :)

Don't get me wrong...she has a really bad voice that machines have made listenable. She's not really great at anything, but she had some great pop songs when she started out. Also, as a high school-aged male, she had some great videos.

A-ha. I like A-ha. not the bouncy stuff everyone remembers them for, but the moody stuff buried away in their albums.

Since I have bands like The Darkness, Hardcore Superstar, Europe, Crazy Lixx, Accept, Dokken; Cheap Trick, Iron Maiden etc. at the very front of my musical taste, the concept of a guilty pleasure seems very strange to me. What could possibly be worse?

This is what I'm currently listening to:

I may be at an Iron Maiden forum, but outside of a community like that, there's very little difference between this and Iron Maiden, make no mistake.

Last edited:
I'm not really ashamed to admit anything that I like, and why should anyone be, whatever sounds good sounds good.. But, in terms of stuff that's far from Maiden, I guess I will admit to liking some soft 80s stuff like Mr Mister and Huey Lewis and the News, but I don't consider it a 'guilty pleasure'

I like Miley's Party In the USA. Other ones are either too weird or boring for me.

Mine is Hall & Oates. My first favorite band, at age 9 when I fell in love with:

But I own up to that one proudly, I think it's great music. So here's something I always skip when other people are present:

I'll even admit I watched their movie.

nothing wrong with Hall & Oates, they are good.. I love their song "Private Eyes"

and, I would definitley take the Spice Girls over any of today's pop music

Oh dear. I actually thought: "But the Spice Girls are today's pop!" Then I realised what year it was. :facepalm:
They had their moments tbh, even if I think they they were modelled on five different senior school stereotypes.

Back