Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Everybody's on the wrong path.

Wrong Guesses : Senjutsu, Empire of the Clouds, Die with your boots on, Afraid to shoot Strangers, The Longest Day

Clue #3 The Song is about (probably) someone who shares the first name with a Maiden Producer.

Both incorrect

Clue #4

The supposed man this Song might be written about, wasnt "Afraid to shoot Strangers"

We had three Maiden producers : Will Malone, Martin Birch, Kevin Shirley...

Except Will that shares the same first name with William Wallace a.k.a. Braveheart in the song The Clansman, I don't know what the song could be the right one...

Death Of The Celts, maybe ?

We had three Maiden producers : Will Malone, Martin Birch, Kevin Shirley...

Except Will that shares the same first name with William Wallace a.k.a. Braveheart in the song The Clansman, I don't know what the song could be the right one...

Death Of The Celts, maybe ?
Nigel Green, Tony Platt and Tony Newton have also been involved.

So... "The Assassin" as in Tony Costa?

All of you are... Wrong.

Clue # 5 The Song title shares it's name with a movie title from 1993 which features well known actors and Oscar winners

Nigel Green, Tony Platt and Tony Newton have also been involved.

So... "The Assassin" as in Tony Costa?
Steve himself was the producer on The X Factor and Virtual XI...

In 1993, we had Jurassic Park from Steven Spielberg (who wears almost the same first name as our dear Steve - Steven and Stephen are very similar).

So, my guess is Quest For Fire ("When dinosaurs walked the Earth" is also very similar to the sentence we can see in the last sequence of the movie when the T-Rex is roaring in the hall of the visitors while the writing is falling down - see the picture below)...

Picture+13-518768841.png

Last edited:
i like the way you guys think, but still no right guesses

Clue #6

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

D|--------------4--4---------------5--5---------------7--7---------------5--5--|

A|--------------2--2---------------3--3---------------4--4---------------3--3--|

E|--0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0--------|

i like the way you guys think, but still no right guesses

Clue #6

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

D|--------------4--4---------------5--5---------------7--7---------------5--5--|

A|--------------2--2---------------3--3---------------4--4---------------3--3--|

E|--0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0---------0--0--0--0--------|
Okay, that's too easy if you're familiar with tabs :bigsmile:

Not gonna guess though, because I don't really have the time to consistently check into the thread. Someone else can have it

Okay, that's too easy if you're familiar with tabs :bigsmile:

Not gonna guess though, because I don't really have the time to consistently check into the thread. Someone else can have it
Seems like not a lot of tab readers or guitar players are present

Montsegur and Man on the Edge are both incorrect

Well, after playing that on my acoustic a couple of times it was very recognizable indeed, but like @Vaenyr I cannot follow up very well tomorrow, so I won't give the answer so as to let the game flow.

I did research a bit about the other hints though and I guess unless one is really into what has, or might have, inspired Maiden songs, hints #3 and 4 might be quite a stretch.

As soon as you know what the song is It makes sense, especially the connection to the riff that was shared.

Back