Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Mother Russia
Nah :)

Next Clue:
The song is featured on more than one official live album and has been played on a couple more tours, after the one it debuted on.

Also, still no songs have been guessed from the album on which our song is on.

Previous Clues:
Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
Something ...?
No more ice
We - 1984 = ?
The song we're looking for is on an album with a rather peculiar feature when looking at the songwriters. Specifically songs 1, 2, 3 as well as songs 7, 6, 8. The song we're looking for is actually one of those peculiar ones.
So, we're looking for song X on a specific album. If I'm not mistaken, the combination of song writing credits for song X had never happened before this album, but happened twice on it: Once in one of the songs 1, 2 or 3, and once in the songs 7, 6 or 8. (Disclaimer, talking about studio tracks. I'm not looking at B-sides).
No songs from the album on which song X is have been guessed so far.

Songs that are swirling 'round like ghosts in the snow: Wrathchild, Total Eclipse, Where Eagles Dare, Quest For Fire, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Stranger In A Strange Land, Run Silent Run Deep, Mother Russia, Massacre, Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fear Is The Key, Childhood's End, Wasting Love, The Fugitive, Chains Of Misery, The Apparition, Judas Be My Guide, Weekend Warrior, Fear Of The Dark, Nodding Donkey Blues, No More Lies, Tears Of A Clown, Lost In A Lost World, The Time Machine

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrong songs, but correct album!

Next Clue:
This leaves only two possible tracks from Clue #4 that haven't been covered yet.

Previous Clues:
Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
Something ...?
No more ice
We - 1984 = ?
The song we're looking for is on an album with a rather peculiar feature when looking at the songwriters. Specifically songs 1, 2, 3 as well as songs 7, 6, 8. The song we're looking for is actually one of those peculiar ones.
So, we're looking for song X on a specific album. If I'm not mistaken, the combination of song writing credits for song X had never happened before this album, but happened twice on it: Once in one of the songs 1, 2 or 3, and once in the songs 7, 6 or 8. (Disclaimer, talking about studio tracks. I'm not looking at B-sides).
No songs from the album on which song X is have been guessed so far.
The song is featured on more than one official live album and has been played on a couple more tours, after the one it debuted on.

Also, still no songs have been guessed from the album on which our song is on.
Songs that are swirling 'round like ghosts in the snow: Wrathchild, Total Eclipse, Where Eagles Dare, Quest For Fire, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Stranger In A Strange Land, Run Silent Run Deep, Mother Russia, Massacre, Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fear Is The Key, Childhood's End, Wasting Love, The Fugitive, Chains Of Misery, The Apparition, Judas Be My Guide, Weekend Warrior, Fear Of The Dark, Nodding Donkey Blues, The Wicker Man, Ghost Kf The Navigator, No More Lies, Dance Of Death, Tears Of A Clown, Lost In A Lost World, The Time Machine

Has to be Brave New World then.

But kind of misleading, as BNW was penned by 3 writers and the others by 2
Brave New World it is! Explanations will follow, but it's not misleading; the first three tracks were written by three people each. I double checked multiple times.

Edit: Furthermore, I didn't make a claim on the amount of songwriters, but that the combination Harris, Dickinson, Murray, happened for the first time on BNW.

Another edit: forgot that I claimed it happened twice on the album; it didn't. I forgot about that part.

Last edited:
Explanations of the Clues:
Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
Something ...?
This is an obvious reference to Bruce saying the first two lines before introducing Wrathchild on Rock In Rio. The final line is Something blue which is a hint to BNW's colour scheme.

No more ice
Cheeky reference to SIASL's "No brave new world". The hint was supposed to be a double negation with "no no brave new world" leading to "Brave New World". Yeah, kinda obtuse, but I thought clue #3 would be a dead giveaway.

We - 1984 = ?
The dystopian novel We by Russian author Zamyatin was a huge influence to both Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World, though the latter denied the accusation. When reading these books it's undeniable that both works were influenced by We (and it is a terribly underrated book!), so removing 1984 from We leaves us with BNW.

The Wicker Man, Ghost Of The Navigator, and Brace New World were each written by Steve and Bruce, with addition of one of the amigos, specifically Adrian, Janick, and Dave in that order. The other trio of songs were written by Steve with one of the amigos each.

Got my wires crossed and have to apologize to @FTB , you were right. I forgot about the "happened twice part" which is not entirely correct. Sorry about that.

The rest is self explanatory.

Both Guesses are wrong

Clue #1 Formula 1 Team Lotus

Clue #2 Coalition of the Willing

Wrong Guesses: Senjutsu , Empire of the clouds

Back