Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1: On their most successful album, a band whose name is part of another Maiden song, has released two tracks with names that are synonymous (but not similar) to this Maiden song.
Clue 2: The same year the album in clue one was released, an artist who has had a distinct influence on Maiden released an album. The Maiden song in question was for a period of time known by the same name as the first single off this album, but by the time Maiden released it, its name was changed.
Clue 3: The song encompasses a number of familiar Maiden themes, such as a voyage and estrangement.
Clue 4: The song title also points to a band with which a Maiden member has had a short-lived association. One of the members of this band has had a more lasting influence on Maiden, though.

Not the ones: Ghost of the Navigator, Purgatory, Stranger in a Strange Land, Drifter, Judas Be My Guide

Clue 1: On their most successful album, a band whose name is part of another Maiden song, has released two tracks with names that are synonymous (but not similar) to this Maiden song.
Clue 2: The same year the album in clue one was released, an artist who has had a distinct influence on Maiden released an album. The Maiden song in question was for a period of time known by the same name as the first single off this album, but by the time Maiden released it, its name was changed.
Clue 3: The song encompasses a number of familiar Maiden themes, such as a voyage and estrangement.
Clue 4: The song title also points to a band with which a Maiden member has had a short-lived association. One of the members of this band has had a more lasting influence on Maiden, though.
Clue 5: The song is close to having an anniversary these days, at least if we ignore a certain piece of machinery that may cause some confusion regarding the accuracy of this anniversary.

Not the ones: Ghost of the Navigator, Purgatory, Stranger in a Strange Land, Drifter, Judas Be My Guide, To Tame a Land

Clue 5: The song is close to having an anniversary these days, at least if we ignore a certain piece of machinery that may cause some confusion regarding the accuracy of this anniversary.
Clue 6: The lyrics are in the present tense, and address a here-and-now situation. Despite this, there are also some futuristic elements in play. Moreover, the song could also be said to convey a more retrospective and backward-looking outlook.

Not the ones: Ghost of the Navigator, Purgatory, Stranger in a Strange Land, Drifter, Judas Be My Guide, To Tame a Land, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Can I Play With Madness, The Great Unknown

Wasted Years
That's the one. Your turn!

Here are the clues explained:

The Eagles ("Where Eagles Dare" is the Maiden song, obviously). Their 1976 album "Hotel California" contains two tracks both named 'Wasted Time'.

David Bowie's "Station to Station" album from 1976. The first single off the album was "Golden Years". This was also the early name of "Wasted Years" when it was at a demo stage. In 1976, Bowie also starred in the film "The Man Who Fell to Earth". The movei poster contains the lettering similar to that of the iconic Iron Maiden logo.

"I'm travelling on far and wide/ I'm just a stranger to myself" and so on...

Waysted. Steve played one show with them as a guest in 1987. Pete Way was a major influence on Steve, not least on his on-stage dress sense..

The "Wasted Years" single was released on September 6th, 1986. However, the time machine on the cover of the single suggests 25.08.86 as "target year".

Clue 6: The lyrics are in the present tense, and address a here-and-now situation. Despite this, there are also some futuristic elements in play. Moreover, the song could also be said to convey a more retrospective and backward-looking outlook.
The futuristic elements are the time-travel concept of the single cover, which apparently brings Eddie back from the year 2050, "Back to the Future"-style. The retrospective element is the video, with lots of clips from Maiden's career up until that point. This was more in line with marketing of the career retrospective VHS "12 Wasted Years", maybe.

Hey, Im kinda busy with real life stuff and such..so I will pass this turn to someone else.
I can do some round later and while Im now more busy during the days, I will still participate on the guessing.
So, if anybody wants to start round go for it.

Back