Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

We only had one or two cases of that this time, though.
It's been a contributing factor in some absurdly long ones, and it cheapens the clues in general.

How about if we go back to the original rule (1 clue per update, no more often than after 3 votes and no less often than every 24 hours), and then add a new one that if you get to clue #15 and no one can guess the song within 24 hours after that clue is posted, the clue giver loses a point on the leaderboard?

That's no fun. If anything the people who create complex enough clues that end up lasting for a while should gain points.

That's no fun. If anything the people who create complex enough clues that end up lasting for a while should gain points.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Reactions: Jer
It's easy to come up with unhelpful clues that technically relate to the answer somehow. That's not interesting for the players. Clues should slowly but steadily bring you closer to the answer, so each clue makes it easier to solve. Then it's a race to see who gets there first.

The hidden messages in these clues were already identified and still no one's put together what it all points to. People have started to look at lists of which songs are left because we're now guessing semi-randomly to get the puzzle over with. That's not fun, and it's already the second time we've had to do it in recent memory.

Let's say "The Angel And The Gambler", because these clues are droning on just as long as that song's chorus.

It's easy to come up with unhelpful clues that technically relate to the answer somehow. That's not interesting for the players. Clues should slowly but steadily bring you closer to the answer, so each clue makes it easier to solve. Then it's a race to see who gets there first.

The hidden messages in these clues were already identified and still no one's put together what it all points to. People have started to look at lists of which songs are left because we're now guessing semi-randomly to get the puzzle over with. That's not fun, and it's already the second time we've had to do it in recent memory.

Let's say "The Angel And The Gambler", because these clues are droning on just as long as that song's chorus.
Oddly enough I agree. Weird and wacky clues are excellent when a strong amount of info is given alongside in other clues, so that thought can still lead to the correct answer. My issue was that there is very little info/trivia about The Aftermath on which to base relevant clues, so tenuous ones were an easy win.

I have been considering some changes to the game, maybe even altering the Leaderboard and creating something like "leagues/divisions" but I will get to it later this month.

Long rounds with obscure clues are the exception to the rule; usually it takes 4-7 clues for the answer to be found. Personally I enjoy a challenge like Diesel's or MW564's; it's much more rewarding to guess their selected songs. However if the majority of the players here agree that the 1 clue for 3 guesses rule is not good, I will alter it.

Oddly enough - @Jer nailed it. The 'Art of War' / Sabaton connection comes from the fact that "The Angel and the Gambler" is about a war within a man's head, not knowing which path to take. Not to mention, this was an attempt at beating MW564 - which obviously failed - and we know how TAATG drones on. The other clues are other pieces of the puzzle which I'd go through if my internet wasn't so shit right now.

It's been a contributing factor in some absurdly long ones, and it cheapens the clues in general.

How about if we go back to the original rule (1 clue per update, no more often than after 3 votes and no less often than every 24 hours), and then add a new one that if you get to clue #15 and no one can guess the song within 24 hours after that clue is posted, the clue giver loses a point on the leaderboard?
I agree. 15 is even too long in my opinion. I have always considered that my round is a failure if I come close to the 10-clues mark, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I think if you get past 10 clues or so, the person who sucks is the person putting down clues so obscure one cannot guess the song.

These are supposed to be challenging to the players, though. It's a fun way to think outside the box, to put your thinking caps on, and if a round lasts a long time, that shouldn't be a slight on the mark of the clue-giver. Woe be it that people have to think too much!

Powerslave ("Green is the cat's eye that glows" - St. Patrick's Day is associated with the color green)

Back