Let's end it... I hope. ;)

Clue #1: Go banana

Clue #2: A monster?

Clue #3:
View attachment 38183

Clue #4:

Clue #5:
View attachment 38255

Clue #6: the song we're looking for has got a riff that has been almost reprised 8 years later. The song we're looking for has been played live while that with the "copied" riff hasn't.

Clue #7: This song was played live on three tours, including on one of them by a non-original singer.

Clue #8:

1724162524013.jpeg

Incorrect guesses: Don't Look To The Eyes of a Stranger/ Juanita/ Moonchild/ Wrathchild/ Dance of Death/ Look For The Truth/ Death or Glory/ The Edge of Darkness/ Die With Your Boots On/ The Apparition/ Lost in a Lost World

Last edited:
Really like the style of these clues, but my brain is too slow apparently lol

Clue 6 disqualifies all but four or so albums. The restriction in clue 7 removes a ton of songs as well. Currently I'm leaning towards a song from the debut, which means that the only song from 18 years later that hasn't been played live is Como Estais Amigos. Maybe I need to listen more carefully to the riffs, but I'm not hearing any similarities to the songs that are left in my list. Anyway, I'll go with Remember Tomorrow for now.

Really like the style of these clues, but my brain is too slow apparently lol

Clue 6 disqualifies all but four or so albums. The restriction in clue 7 removes a ton of songs as well. Currently I'm leaning towards a song from the debut, which means that the only song from 18 years later that hasn't been played live is Como Estais Amigos. Maybe I need to listen more carefully to the riffs, but I'm not hearing any similarities to the songs that are left in my list. Anyway, I'll go with Remember Tomorrow for now.
Sorry, I have grossly miscalculated: it is not 18 years but just 8 years. I'll modify the clue right away and you can guess again. :)

Ah, that's easy then:

Lord Of The Flies, because of the intro in Gates Of Tomorrow.
Indeed, @Vaenyr you win! :)

Clue #1: Go banana
< This extract (and Ralph's "Go banana!" at 0'11) is the real beginning of the Simpsons' episode parodying William Golding's Lord of the Flies.

Clue #2: A monster?
< in the novel, the stranded boys are briefly afraid of a "monster", which turns out to be a sow.

Clue #3:
View attachment 38183
< a few stills from Aerosmith's video clip for "Living on the Edge" // "Living on edge it feels... it makes us feel as one".
There are obviously special effects involved in this sequence but, had it been for real, Joe Perry should have felt:
"It brings out the animal the power you can feel
And feeling so high with this much adrenalin"

Clue #4:
< I hope I haven't made you listen to this horror to the end as only the title is useful (// "I don't want existence to end") :D

Clue #5:
View attachment 38255
< the adult (and much more whiny and self-important) version of Lord of the Flies.

Clue #6: the song we're looking for has got a riff that has been almost reprised 8 years later. The song we're looking for has been played live while that with the "copied" riff hasn't.
< as Vaeny said, the riff of "Gates of Tomorrow" is very close to that of the song.

Clue #7: This song was played live on three tours, including on one of them by a non-original singer.
< The X Factour, Virtual Eleven World Tour and Death on the Road, namely.

Clue #8:
View attachment 38305
< the picture of Whitesnake's album Saints and Sinners //
"Saints and sinners
Something within (willing?) us
We are lord of the flies" (from AZLyrics but they may be wrong on this one)

Your turn! :)

Last edited:
Clue #1: The songwriters of this song work together frequently. Their songs tend to have some similarities and there are certain traits that pop up over and over again. This song does not feature these traits. In fact, there's something unique about that song and to the best of my knowledge no other songs in the entire Maiden catalogue share this unique characteristic.

Clue #2: The song we are looking for is not a B-Side, nor a single. It was played live on the tour supporting its album.

Previous Hints:

Clue #1:
The songwriters of this song work together frequently. Their songs tend to have some similarities and there are certain traits that pop up over and over again. This song does not feature these traits. In fact, there's something unique about that song and to the best of my knowledge no other songs in the entire Maiden catalogue share this unique characteristic.

Incorrect Guesses: Sun And Steel, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Days Of Future Past

Last edited:
Back